OnePlus, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer that has appeared in the smartphone industry through the launch of its first smartphone, OnePlus launches a series of markets under the OnePlus name year by year and up to now. now is OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
However, with the rapid development of technology, smart mobile devices have made great strides and among them is unlocking the phone with face through face recognition technology. But the face unlock and app lock feature is only equipped by OnePlus on OnePlus 3 and 3T. Then, after great demand from OnePlus 5 users, the company equipped this feature but it has not been activated. Therefore, you need to open this feature to be able to use it.
Also, if you’ve ever owned a OnePlus devices or own any OnePlus device, you’ll see the default App Lock feature in OxygenOS. However, one of the limitations of this App Lock feature is that the Face Unlock feature cannot be used to unlock apps and only allows the fingerprint sensor, pin or password to do the job. input.
So now we have developed the complete guide which can be found below to enable you to enable Face Unlock feature in App Lock on your OnePlus device. Note that the reason behind Face Unlock is not included in App Lock on OnePlus phones is because it has lower security than fingerprint or other unlocking methods so you should know this before you enable it. phone.
- You need to unlock bootloader, Setting restore TWRP and root your OnePlus device to follow this guide. To do this follow this guide to Open Bootloader and Install TWRP on OnePlus device
- Then you need to install the Xposed Module on your device. To do this, follow the instructions to Install Xposed using TWRP recovery on Android
- Make sure your device has at least 50% battery, or plug it into a wall outlet with enough battery on it to continue with the installation
Steps to enable Face Unlock with App Lock on OnePlus devices
- First, follow and step by step mentioned in section Logical Prerequisites to continue the installation
- After completing the above step, download the file mentioned in the Download section above as OnePlus App Lock Tweaker Xposed Module and install it on your device.
- After installing the app, open the inbuilt Xposed installer on your device and find the OnePlus App Lock Tweaker Xposed Module from the list of Xposed Modules.
- Once you have found the app in the list of Xposed Modules, you need to reboot your device
- After the reboot, you will have to re-enter the Xposed Installer app and toggle to enable Face Unlock in OnePlus App Lock Tweaker
- Now you need to enable App Lock feature from your OnePlus device from Settings -> Security and Lock screen -> App Lock shown below
- Once you click on App Locker, you will have to add the app to your locked apps list as seen from the screenshot below. You can add more apps to the list by clicking the “+” sign add apps.
- Once done, you will now have the option to unlock your face locked apps on your OnePlus device that has Face Unlock functionality.
Make sure to follow the exact steps and let us know if you have trouble following this guide in the comments section below.