If you are a user of Windows 7 or earlier, you will be surprised to use Windows 10 operating system. Because Windows 10 is faster when compared to other Windows operating systems. Unfortunately, some bugs, viruses, and other malware can cause the operating system’s speed.
To fix this and Windows 10 speed boost, you should know tips and tricks to improve Win 10 performance. Don’t worry, here we provide some tips and tricks to speed up Windows 10 on your computer.
Upgrade SSD hard drive and install more RAM
To speed up the computer, the simplest way is to upgrade the hardware, in which, we recommend you to provide an SSD and ram. SSD hard drive helps to speed up the machine’s tasks many times compared to HDD: faster Windows startup, quick application software opening, ultra-fast file storage and retrieval, etc.
If your usage needs open many applications at the same time, for example opening 7-8 tabs of google chrome, photoshop, word, etc., you should upgrade the ram to 8G or 16G.
Currently, the price of SSD and laptop ram is quite cheap, you can buy an upgrade to speed up the computer.
Speed up Windows 10 by turning off background apps
You can have many applications in your system. Those apps will run background tasks even when you’re not using them. This will happen in Windows 10 and it will reduce the system speed. To speed up Windows 10, you need to turn off applications running in the background. After shutting down unnecessary background running applications, your Windows will be restarted. Below are the steps to turn off background apps.
- First of all, open Settings.
- Then choose option Privacy.
- Finally, choose option Background apps and just shut down the unwanted apps running in the background.
Enable high performance
Normally on Windows 10, the default power option will be “Balanced“. The Balanced option helps balance the energy and mode “Power Saver” helps save power, so these power options can slow down Windows performance. To avoid this slow process, select the option “High Performance” to speed up Windows 10.
In some Windows 10 systems, there will only be an option called “Balanced“. If so, please change the settings in “Change plan settings“. Follow these steps
- First, open “Settings” and then select the option “System“.
- Choose “Power and Sleep, then select “Additional power settings“.
- Finally, in this setting, select the option “High Performance” and if you do not have this option create using “Change plan settings“.
Disable unnecessary startup applications to increase Windows 10 performance
Another problem that slows down Windows 10 is startup apps. Some apps that you may not use, but those will run at startup. This type of action can definitely slow down Windows performance. To solve this problem, you just need to disable the unwanted startup applications enabled in Task Manager. Here are the steps to disable.
- First, open “Task Manager” by searching on the Start bar.
- Then in , select “Startup“.
- Finally, click on unnecessary apps and select “Disable“.
Regularly clean the drive
Disk Cleanup is an option available in Windows 10 that cleans all junk files. When your Windows is full of unwanted junk files, the system slows down completely. Disk cleaning is a reliable method to speed up Windows 10. In addition, it will clean all unnecessary data from the hard drive. Below are the steps to do.
- Open Start and search for “Clean up disk“.
- Then an application will be displayed, open the application and select the drive where you want to delete junk data.
Disk Defrag (HDD)
Disk fragmentation can lead to stuttering, lag, slow computer performance, and significant reduction in computer performance. Do not defragment SSD drives because this is unnecessary, reducing the life of the hard drive. Defrag the drive by:
- Right-click the drive that you want to defragment. Choose “Properties“. Choose card “Tools“. Choose “Optimize“.
- Select the drive you want to defragment. Choose “Analyze”, wait for the system to check (if fragmentation rate > 0%) > Select “Optimize” to do the defrag and wait until it’s done.
Turn off suggested content to speed up Windows 10
The final tip to speed up Windows 10 performance is to turn off suggestions in Windows 10. Suggestions in Windows 10 will help newbies and guide them in a new way. If users have difficulty in operating, this mode will help them. But it really doesn’t help much. So it’s better to disable this option to speed up Windows 10. Here is the procedure to turn off the suggestion option on Windows 10.
- Go”Settings” and select “System“.
- Then select the option “Notifications and Actions“.
- Finally, turn off the option tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Turn off System Restore
Disabling System Restore is a good measure to free up memory and background processes of the system to speed up Windows 10. To turn off System Restore on Windows 10, do the following:
Go to the keyword search toolbar Advanced system settings, then select tab System Protection, in the default mode this mode is enabled (Protection = On). Press the button Configure, the next window will appear, choose Disable system protection to turn off the System Restore function, then press OK done.
Above are tips and tricks to speed up Windows 10 operating system. These tips and tricks will improve your system performance.