As in the previous post, xaiandroid has instructions unlock bootloader for device LG G5 H850 version for the European market. You can follow this guide to unlock your bootloader LG G5 your. If you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your LG G5, you should wait for a method to root as well as install TWRP for LG G5.
Before you start you need to back up your files and data to your computer. Following the steps below will wipe everything. In addition, the steps also proceed to root the device.
Steps to take
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer according to the link above and open ADB and Fastboot.
- Download SuperSU from the link above and copy it to the MicroSD card.
- Activated “Developer Options” (developer options) in Settings of LG G5. To do this, go to the Settings section to find About Phone -> Software Info. Here you touch “Build Number“at least 7 times until you get the notification”You are now a Developer“.
- Now open “Developer Options” and Enable USB Debugging. Then connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Now type the following command in the ADB and Fastboot window to reboot your device in Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Download the TWRP .img file from the link above and copy it to the folder ADB and Fastboot. Type the following command to install TWRP for your LG G5:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-h850.img
- Now you have to boot your device into TWRP. If you boot your device into Android TWRP will be replaced with recovery stock. To do so, unplug the USB cable and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and boot into recovery mode:
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power button at the same time.
- As soon as you see the LG logo on the screen. You release the power button then quickly and press it again (never let go of the volume down button).
- Hold until you see the Reset screen. Click through the factory reset screens, press Yes.
- Once in TWRP, select Install and navigate to external storage, where you copied the SuperSU zip file. Select the SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
- Reboot the system.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted your LG G5. Now you can use root privileges and use TWRP according to your needs.