2018 models of the line Galaxy A8 been getting the latest Android Oreo update for a while. If you have recently updated your Samsung Galaxy A8 or A8 Plus to Oreo and are now looking for a working method to get root privileges, you just need to visit the right page. In this guide we will show clearly using which you can root Galaxy A8 (SM-A530F) and Galaxy A8 Plus (SM-A730F) and install TWRP recovery on it with minimal risk can happen. All you need to do is watch carefully.
Booting your device will access the KNOX counter on your Galaxy A8 and void the warranty. Moreover, you can also damage your phone and also you may need to install stock firmware for repair. We have taken great care in writing the steps described below and if you follow them without mistakes, you will be successful in using your Galaxy A8 (SM-A530F) or Galaxy A8 Plus (SM-A730F). ) and install TWRP recovery. Do not use the guide on other devices.
Download Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus Root Files
Alright, if you’ve decided, download the Odin tool, TWRP, Magisk and the boot encryption decryption files from below. The files provided here work with Android Nougat and also Oreo.
Things to do before starting Galaxy A8 / A8 Plus (2018)
- Setting USB driver newest of Samsung on your computer.
- Turn on USB debugging and OEM unlock on your phone. You can find these options in Settings > Developer Options. If you do not find “Developer options” in “Settings”, follow the instructions provided here .
- Make sure your Galaxy A8 has at least 60% left.
- Your phone’s internal memory will be erased in the process, we recommend that you back up all important data present on your phone.
- Make sure you have a microSD card inserted in your device.
Install TWRP and Root Galaxy A8 (SM-A530F) and Galaxy A8 Plus (SM-A730F)
- Copy RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2.zip, no-verity-no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip and Magisk-v17.1.zip to the SD card.
- Decompression Odin3_v3.13.1.zip downloaded, open it and run the file Odin3_v3.13.1.exe .
- Turn off your Galaxy A8 and boot it up download mode. Since the Galaxy A8/A8 Plus doesn’t have a Home or Bixby button, here’s how you can enter download mode. Simultaneous hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Power key in a few seconds. As soon as you get a screen with an exclamation point press the Volume Up button.
- Now connect your Galaxy A8 to the computer using the USB cable. A successful connection between your phone and your computer is specified using the port ID:COM turns blue and shows message Added!! in Odin.
- Click the tab Option on Odin and uncheck the option Auto Restart .
- Now click the button AP on Odin and add file twrp-3.2.3-0-jackpotlte.img.tar in it.
- TWRP recovery will be installed on your Galaxy A8 and you will see the message PASS!!.
- Now disconnect phone from computer and Exit Odin.
- Hold the button Volume down + Volume up + Power simultaneous. As soon as the screen turns off, quickly release the Volume Down key and keep the other 2 buttons pressed for 10-15 seconds until your Galaxy A8/A8 Plus enters TWRP recovery mode.
- Once TWRP is started, swipe to confirm “allow modification”.
- Okay, now you need to format the Data partition for it to mount properly. In the main menu in TWRP, tap Wipe -> Format Data and type “yes” To confirm.
Now go back and choose Reboot -> Restore. Doing so will reboot your Galaxy A8 back into TWRP recovery.
- Once your phone is booted into TWRP, tap the . button Setting, navigate to file RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2.zip and install it.
- Setting no-verity-no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip in a similar way.
- It’s time to install Magisk-v17.1.zip. Tap option Setting in TWRP and install it.
- Go back to the TWRP menu and press Restart> Option system.
When your Galaxy A8 or A8 Plus boots up, you’ll be guided through the setup process. Make sure to uncheck the Data Diagnostics option here. You have successfully rooted your Galaxy A8 and installed TWRP recovery on it.