Today, we are going to look at a very handy Android app called PhotoGuard. You can hide photos and videos on Android device in a separate folder with PhotoGuard.
Smartphone security has come a long way
A decade ago, protecting sensitive and secure data on smartphones meant locking and protecting the same simple password or PIN and pattern locking system later on on Android devices. Today, however, nearly all Android devices come with a fingerprint sensor or a front-facing camera-based facial recognition system (less secure than fingerprint any day) and an authentication system. biometrics or a combination of both. Among them, one of the first phones with a fingerprint scanner was the Toshiba G500 and G900 more than a decade ago in 2007, but it was never marketed.
The first commercial smartphone with a fingerprint sensor was the Motorola Atrix in 2011. However, the Toshiba G500 and G900 and Motorola Atrix both use optical fingerprint sensors. In 2013, Apple introduced the first smartphone with a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and that device was the iPhone 5S. Now, it’s 2018 with many changes in terms of security technology such as face unlock through the camera sensor, which is less secure than the fingerprint sensor.
PhotoGuard – Hide Photos and Videos for Free
With today’s need for security and data protection, today we look at a free application available on the Google Play Store called “PhotoGuard – Photo Vault Free Hide Photos & Videos“. As the name suggests, PhotoGuard helps you to hide other private and confidential photos and videos in a safe folder away from your gallery or file manager. With that said, the available features are listed below as taken from the description page Google Play application:
Features of PhotoGuard:
- Everything Behind the Lock – Your photos and videos are secured via your PIN, Pattern, Password or fingerprint, they stay safe.
- On-camera encryption – PhotoGuard has a dedicated camera that encrypts the personal photos and videos you take directly into your photo vault
- Album Lock – Set a password for each of your personal albums for extra protection for your PhotoVault!
- Quick Exit – PhotoGuard exits the archive automatically whenever the home button is pressed, ensuring that no one will be able to view the contents of the vault without access.
- Automatically backup and restore your archive – If you uninstall the app by mistake, your encrypted photo vault will be restored
PhotoGuard is working
Launch PhotoGuard on your device. Again, check the attached screenshots below carefully to familiarize yourself with PhotoGuard.
Taking screenshots is not allowed in the app for security reasons. To compensate for this, we have attached images of the equipment we use to test PhotoGuard whenever necessary.
The PhotoGuard application feature meets your needs enough to avoid others when using your phone considering private cool clips as a very dangerous thing 😀 this you all know, right :D. We feel safe and privacy is the right of every individual out there and that no one has the right to ask it anything.