For Android phones that are not rooted means that you have not discovered it in the best way. Rooting allows users to customize the device to the fullest extent of the hardware performance compared to the original when the user left the default from the manufacturer. However, one of the downsides of rooting is that you won’t get OTA and security updates if you’re using the SELinux policy. Here comes a new root creation technique called “Systemless root” allows to root your device without changing the system files on the device. So you can enjoy OTA update, security, and root at the same time.
The key to experiencing them all at once is to use Magisk systemless interface developed by XDA developer . Magisk allows you to make changes to your android device permissions without changing system files, so you can enjoy Android Pay on your rooted device. Well, I’m pretty sure you understand the advantages of Systemless root on Android. So, let’s see how to get Systemless root and Xposed on your Android device. Before we proceed, you need to install Magisk Systemless interface on your device. If you don’t have it yet, follow the links below.
Once you have installed the Magisk Systemless interface, we need to install Superuser PHH’s systemless root for Magisk and systemless Xposed from your favorite Xposed module. Download the file below and follow the instructions to get systemless root on your device.
Download below system Xposed zip depending on the architecture of your device.
How to Get Systemless Root on Android with Magisk
- Make sure you have the Magisk Systemless theme installed on your device.
- Download and transfer PHH’s superuser (.zip) file to your device.
- Reboot your device to enter recovery and install PHH superuser by selecting Setting options from custom recovery and cache/Dalvik cleanup.
- Reboot your device once the installation is complete.
- Download and install the PHH Superuser directly from the Google Play Store.
- Install Magisk Manager v1.2 on your device like any other apk.
- Open Magisk Manager and disable root whenever you want to play Pokemon Go or use Android Pay on your device without rebooting.
We have successfully installed Systemless root, now continue to install Systemless Xposed on your Android device.
How to Install Systemless Xposed Using Magisk
- Download and transfer the Xposed installation apk file and the systemless compatible Xposed framework Zip to your device.
- Install Xposed framework APK file like any other APK file on your device.
- Reboot your device to enter custom recovery.
- Install the Systemless Xposed framework file from recovery and reboot the device once done.
That’s it, try to run Xposed on your device after reboot and it worked perfectly too.