With new devices, the steps to take unlock bootloader has become quite easy for Android device users. You just need to set up the environment ADB and Fastboot, then proceed to execute some commands and you’re done unlock bootloader success. Lenovo ZUK Z1 is one such device and we already have the bootloader unlock guide for it.
Once you unlock bootloader You are all set to get started with customizing and enhancing the capabilities of the Lenovo ZUK Z1 and optimizing the device. This will allow you to install a modified boot image, install a custom recovery like TWRP or perform root. For unlocking bootloader is required to set up custom recovery. Once you install TWRP or similar custom recovery, you can flash all the appropriate custom ROMs for your machine.
Before we begin, you should back up your device because this may remove apps and data on your Zuk Z1.
Alert: Warranty may be void if you unlock your bootloader on your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
Backup apps and data
This process can wipe all your data, so you should make a backup. Backup all your apps, data, media and internal storage.
How to unlock the phone bootloader Lenovo ZUK Z1
- This guide is only for Lenovo Zuk Z1.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download the Android SDK from the full from now, or quick install ADB and Fastboot from now. For Mac or Linux OS, click here.
- Install the driver USB Driver for your computer.
- Unlock OEM in developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- If you can’t find Developer Options, then you will have to first activate it by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number and tap 7 times until you see a small notification that you have activated it.
- Then come back Settings menu, you should find that development option. Open it and allow USB Debugging or see the article Instructions to enable USB debugging mode
- Now, go to Settings –> Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlock.
Instructions on how to unlock bootloader
- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot set up on your PC. Also accept “Always allow from this computer” (Always allow from this computer) when you plug in the device for the first time to activate the feature USB Debugging.
- Power off the phone Lenovo ZUK Z1
- Boot into bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down key and power button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds. When you see bootloader screen, connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable. (Choose fastboot if option available) You can also use the following codes, after connecting to PC to boot into bootloader.
- Boot the phone into bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, enter the following command while still connected to the computer.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, fastboot doesn’t recognize it ZUK Z1 To unlock you need to verify your OEM id. To do this, you need to enter the following command 0x2b4c in fastboot to perform.
- Next, you need to enter the following command to unlock the bootloader for Lenovo ZUK Z1.
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem get-device-info
- If you see a message (bootloader) Device unlocked: true, then a device reboot is required to reload the bootloader with the following command
You may see an unlock icon when you reboot. This means that your device has successfully unlocked. If that doesn’t work, your device is still locked to bootloader.