OnePlus X, a new product from OnePlus. This is a new device from Chinese manufacturers that has brought the design of the iPhone to OnePlus’ Android phone, but the design is still boldly sporty. This OnePlus device has surprised Android enthusiasts around the globe with its high-end and good hardware and exclusive features found only on OnePlus X. But in order to be able to make extensive use of the features. feature that is only available on Android your OnePlus X needs to do unlock bootloader.
Here is a clear concise guide unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus X your. All you need to do is setup adb and fastboot and use command.
Once you have successfully unlocked the bootloader, you can proceed to develop and change the device’s system. This will allow you to flash a modified boot image, install TWRP recovery and finally root the phone. Unlock the bootloader required to set up a custom recovery. Unless you unlock it there is a high chance your device is bricked.
Before we begin, you need to back up your device because this can wipe apps and data on your OnePlus X. So let’s get started with the guide.
Alert: Warranty may be void if you unlock your bootloader on your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your device. We will not be responsible if your device becomes “brick“. It is at the discretion of the reader to be notified.
Backup data and applications
This process can wipe all your data so you should proceed to make a backup. Back up all your apps, data, media, and internal storage in case something goes wrong and can be reused.
How to Unlock Bootloader for OnePlus X
- This guide is compatible with OnePlus X and also compatible with latest Android operating system.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download minimal ADB and fastboot tool from now (unzip it) or get quick ADB and install fastboot from now.
- You need to install USB driver for your computer to be able to successfully connect between your computer and OnePlus X.
- Open “Setting” -> “Developer Options” and activate USB Debugging on your phone. To activate the development option you need to touch “Build Number” in About Phone many times (About 7 times).
- Go to the “Developer options” (Developer options) and activate OEM Unlock (“Allow oem unlock“).
Instructions to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus X
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on PC your. Also accept “Always allow from this computer” (Always allow from this computer) when you plug in the device for the first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Now power off the phone and disconnect the USB.
- Boot into bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down key and the power button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds. When you see the bootloader screen, connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. (Select fastboot if option available) Alternatively, you can use the following command in a terminal or command prompt, while your device is connected to your computer to enter fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now open a command prompt or a terminal window. Do this by holding Shift on your keyboard and right-clicking on an empty area and selecting “Open command window here” to launch a command prompt window.
- Now you execute the following command to check if fastboot is working and it will provide the device’s serial number.
- Now this is important. We will proceed to unlock the bootloader. To do this, issue the following commands. Select “yes” on the phone screen if prompted.
fastboot oem unlock
- The bootloader bootloader on your device should now be unlocked. Restart your device normally.
You may see an unlock icon when you reboot. This means that your device has been successfully unlocked. If that fails, the bootloader on the device is still locked.