OnePlus recently released the next version of the OnePlus series called OnePlus 3 with a painless configuration at a fairly reasonable price for smartphone users.
- Snapdargon 820 processor clocked at 2.15 Ghz
- RAM 6GB
- The 5.5-inch display with Amoled panels offers 1080p pixels, giving it an improved battery life compared to 1440p or 4k displays.
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, OIS for photos and videos up to 4k resolution.
- The frame is made entirely of metal.
- OnePlus 3 runs on OxygenOS with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with many changes compared to version number 1 and number 2 and is also heavily customized to match the hardware configuration.
Like other Android smart mobile devices, they are highly customizable thanks to the open source Android operating system developed by Google. That’s why OnePlus 3 is no exception. However, before you can customize it, you need to unlock bootloader. So how to unlock? You simply need to follow the following steps to make it as simple as possible.
Requirements before proceeding
You need to make sure your PC device has ADB and Fastboot. Because without it, you can’t do it unlock bootloader OnePlus 3.
Before doing so, you need to back up all data such as photos, music, videos, other important documents, etc.
Steps to unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader
- Open Settings on your phone and go to the About phone section. Now tap Build number about 7 times, this will unlock development options on your device.
- Go back to the Settings menu and go into Options Develop and activate”Allow OEM Unlock“. In addition, it is also necessary to activate USB Debugging.
- Now make sure you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer using the instructions linked above. Then open ADB and fastboot on your computer.
- Now turn off the phone and then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume Up + Power buttons for a few seconds. The phone will display “fastboot” indicates that it has successfully booted into fastboot mode. Now connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Now type the following command in the command window
This command will list the connected devices (as above). If your phone number shows up, you can continue. If the phone is not listed then you must check that your device is properly connected to your computer and that you have installed the USB driver. To continue, you must repair the USB driver in order for your phone to be listed under fastboot devices.
- Now type the following command to unlock the bootloader of your device. Remember that this step will wipe everything out on your device. So have a backup before proceeding with this step.
fastboot oem unlock
- Now type the following command to reboot your device