Android is a fairly viable Linux-based operating system to tweak. However, you need to have root privileges on your device to fully gain control over it. When you root your device, you can do almost anything from wiping the entire operating system to modifying individual parts of the operating system. You can install mods like Xposed to change the look and function of your device without touching a piece of code. Most Android devices come with a locked bootloader, so you need to unlock the bootloader before doing anything. Huawei smartphones come with locked bootloaders, but it’s easy to unlock them. Today, let’s see how to unlock the bootloader on the Huawei devices.
Unlocking the bootloader on Android devices is the first step to opening the door to terror. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can install a custom recovery like TWRP for backup, install Custom ROMs, etc… However, the device’s warranty will be forfeited if you unlock the bootloader but it’s worth it and there are ways to restore the warranty. To unlock the bootloader on Huawei devices, you need to get the unlock password from OEM. Then you will have to use it to unlock the bootloader with fastboot commands. So, if you are looking to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Android device, follow the instructions below.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Android device. To do this, go to Setting yours -> Introduce -> Information software -> More . Now type in Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a congratulatory message “Developer enabled enabled”. Come back Setting -> Option Developers and turn on OEM Unlock and USB Debugging Debugging.
- A computer with installed ADB and Fastboot. If you’ve never heard of ADB and/or haven’t installed it, you can refer to its installation guide for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Back up important files on your device to a safe place when unlocking the launcher will format your entire device.
- Make sure you have fully charged the battery on your device before starting the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Devices
- First you need to create a Huawei ID from this page .
- After generating Huawei id, fill in the details on this page.
- It will ask you for the product ID, IMEI number and model number. You can get the product ID and IMEI number on request using below USSD code:
- For product ID, dial “ * # * # 1357946 # * # * ” in the phone app.
- For IMEI number, dial “ * # 06 # ” in the phone app.
- After entering the requested information and submitting, you will receive an unlock code as shown in the image below.
- Connect your device to your PC and make sure it is detected.
- Navigate to the folder you have extract ADB and Fastboot files and open command prompt by pressing Shift + Right click into any space inside the folder and choose Open command windowhere are from context menu .
- Use below command to reboot your device to bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- In fastboot mode use below command to check if your device is connected or not. It will return your device’s serial number if everything is fine.
- Unlock the bootloader on your device with the command below. This will format your entire device. So make sure you’ve backed up everything on your device.
fastboot oem unlock
with the code you got in Step 3.
- Finally, reboot the device with the command below.
That’s it! Now you can root your device and unleash the true potential of your smartphone.