How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone not difficult. In fact, you have many ways to do it. The article will list for you the how to transfer iPhone contacts easiest to do.
iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones today. It is loved by millions of people around the world because of its beautiful design, useful features and high security. Therefore, every new iPhone launch event always attracts the attention of technology lovers around the world.
A new iPhone always has improved technology and better functionality than the old version. Therefore, many people do not regret upgrading, changing or buying a new iPhone as soon as it is released. However, there is a problem that quite a few “Apple” smartphone users are interested in, which is how to transfer iPhone contacts from old to new.
Transfer iPhone Contacts to iPhone with Quick Start
If you just bought a new iPhone, you can transfer your contacts and all other data from your old iPhone during the setup process. Apple calls this process Quick Start because it allows you to start using your new device as soon as possible. In fact, you can even transfer contacts from your Android device using this method.
Quick Start transfers everything from your old iPhone to your new device, including contacts. If you just want to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone, you can skip this step and switch to using iCloud.
If you already have an iCloud backup, you can choose to transfer your most important data immediately and restore the rest over Wi-Fi in the background. That means you can start using your iPhone with your contacts in about 15 minutes.
Alternatively, you can choose to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone during the setup process. This process takes longer, depending on the data level in the original iPhone.
Quick Start is only available while setting up a new iPhone. If the setup is done, move on to the methods transfer iPhone contacts down here.
How to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone
1. Transfer Contacts to New iPhone
To transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone, do the following:
- On your old iPhone, make sure you’re signed in iCloud account and connect to Wi-Fi. To check you go to the app Settings. As long as you’re on iOS 10.3 or later, the name associated with your Apple ID will appear at the top of the app. Settings.
- Enable contact sync option by going to Settings > Tap on the username > iCloud > Turn on the Contacts switch.
- Then you scroll down and tap iCloud Backup and make sure it’s turned on.
- Click Back Up Now. (On iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now). How fast or slow depends on the amount of content you back up and the speed of your Internet connection.
- You can now set up your new iPhone to use iCloud backups. During the initial setup on your new iPhone, you’ll be prompted to provide your Apple ID information.
- When asked to choose between backing up or setting up as a new iPhone, choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Select the latest backup from the list and the restore will begin. The time depends on your Internet connection.
- Once the recovery has completed, the phone will reboot and is ready to use.
2. Transfer Contacts Using iCloud
If you’ve already set up a new iPhone and want to transfer contacts without factory resetting the entire device to factory defaults and starting over, you can transfer contacts simply and easily using iCloud.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same iCloud account on both devices and connected to Wi-Fi.
- On the original iPhone, you go to Settings > tap the name at the top > iCloud > turn on Contacts.
- Once contacts sync has been enabled, scroll down iCloud Backup and touch Back Up Now.
- On the new iPhone, go to icloud in Settings and turn on sync Contacts.
- Open the app Contacts and swipe down to refresh.
- After a few minutes, the contacts from the old iPhone should appear on the new iPhone.
3. Transfer Contacts Using iTunes
If you don’t use iCloud, you can use iTunes to transfer contacts from one device to another.
- You connect your old iPhone to your computer and launch the latest version of iTunes.
- Select iPhone from the menu bar, click info and make sure Sync Contacts has been turned on.
- You click on Sync to sync your iPhone and the contacts on it with your computer.
- Once done, you disconnect the old iPhone and replace it with the new iPhone.
- In itune, you select iPhone from the menu bar and click on info, make sure Sync Contacts has been turned on.
- Scroll down menu Advanced and choose Contacts in the item Replace information in this iPhone. This will remove the current contacts stored on the iPhone and replace them with the contacts on the computer.
- Click on Sync to apply settings and transfer contacts to new iPhone.
4. Transfer Contacts Using Third Party Software
If you’ve tried the above methods and it doesn’t work, you can use third-party software. This is sometimes the simplest way to transfer contacts, but it’s not free. This article will use the software AnyTrans to transfer contacts between two devices.
- You launch AnyTrans and connect both iPhones at the same time.
- In AnyTrans, select your old iPhone and click on Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to transfer to your new iPhone (Ctrl + A on Windows and Cmd + A on Mac to select all).
- Click on the button To Device in the upper right corner and select New iPhone.
- Your contacts will start transferring almost immediately.
Some reliable apps to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (iOS)
Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (iOS) is a great application that helps you transfer all your important files to your new iPhone easily. With its help, you can transfer all your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps…
- Transfer, export/import and manage music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, apps…
- Easily backup music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, apps… to your computer anytime to restore them.
- Transfer contacts, data between iPhone, Android.
- Compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iPod.
iSkysoft iTransfer is a great tool to transfer contacts, media files to new iPhone. It has some unique features and systems.
- Transfer music, videos and all kinds of media files between iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android devices, iTunes and PC.
- Back up and restore media files the way your old phone would.
- Backup/manage contacts, SMS very easily.
- All-in-one phone manager for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android.
- iOS 11 compatible.
5. Transfer contacts to new iPhone if old iPhone is broken
This is the worst case scenario. Your iPhone is stolen or you accidentally drop it in the water and get damaged. So how to get the contact back and transfer it to the new machine?
If you’re lucky, your iPhone has been backed up to iCloud. As long as you set up iCloud when you set up your iPhone, you should have a backup every day when your iPhone is plugged into a power outlet.
In that case, you can follow the steps above to restore your old iPhone contacts on your new iPhone. You can also sign in to iCloud on the web and see if your contacts are on it. If you don’t have an iCloud backup, you probably have a backup in iTunes. In that case, follow the instructions above to restore your backup from iTunes.
If you don’t have a backup, then there are a few options like put a post on Facebook or another social network that asks friends to send you their contact details. This seems to be a popular choice.
Or you can use an app like PhoneRescue for Mac by iMobile, WonderShare Dr.Fone for iOS and Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to recover contacts from old iPhone if the software can recognize iPhone when you plug it into computer.
6. Import contacts from SIM card
iPhone doesn’t store contacts on the SIM card, but, if you already have several phone numbers on it, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via SIM card.
- Make sure the SIM card fits snugly into the SIM slot of your new iPhone.
- Replace card iPhone SIM with the SIM in the old phone.
- Open Settings > Contacts.
- Touch Import SIM Contacts.
- Wait for the process of importing contacts via iPhone to complete. Then they will show up in the app Contacts.
7. Transfer iPhone Contacts Using AirDrop
AirDrop is a feature that allows iOS users to share files wirelessly between Mac and iOS devices. Therefore, you can use AirDrop to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen or swipe down from the upper right corner of the iPhone screen to open Control Centerr.
- Press and hold the wireless control box on the upper left Control Center and tap AirDrop.
- Open the app Contacts on iPhone.
- Find the contacts you want to transfer to the target iPhone.
- Touch the button Share Contacts and touch AirDrop.
6. Select your new iPhone and press the . button Accept on the target iPhone to get the shared contacts.
However, AirDrop only allows you to transfer contacts one by one. So, if you want to transfer all your contacts from your old iPhone to your new one. You should not choose how to transfer iPhone contacts This is because it takes more time and effort.
As you can see, How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone really not too difficult. This article has provided you with the simplest and most effective ways to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone. From now on, you won’t need to worry about losing important contacts when you switch to a new iPhone. If you know any other solutions, don’t hesitate to share them with Download.vn.