It’s a well-known issue, and Microsoft has released an update that is said to have fixed the problem. But in case your device is still not fixed, before we go into the details I recommend you try the following:
- USB port switch – Most of the times using other USB ports work, especially converting between USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 ports. Try this even if the port was working a while ago.
- USB cable transfer – Sometimes, using a different USB cable can also fix the problem.
- Restart the PC Usually, a nice and sweet reboot is all that is needed for a PC.
Repair installation of MTP Driver on Windows 10
If none of the above works for your Windows 10 computer, you’ll need to do some work.
Do not miss: Download latest ADB and Fastboot for Win/Mac/Linux
1. Install wpdmtp.inf
2. Install MTP USB Device Driver
3. Download and install the Media Feature Pack
This update is mainly for N and KN versions of Windows 10 that do not provide Windows Media Player and some related technologies to end users. In some cases, installing Windows Media Player can also solve the problem. All you have to do is download the appropriate update from the Microsoft Website, install it, and restart your computer. If your PC is 64 bit, download it Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package_x64.msu, this is a 108.9MB package, otherwise download the 72.4MB package called Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package.msu .
You don’t have to follow all of the aforementioned methods, and most likely one of the three methods above will solve your problem. Choose whoever you feel more comfortable with.
Did any of these methods help you? Let us know.