The current Facebook has gained a huge amount of video by the internet user community and is having a confrontation with Google’s youtube platform. While the amount of video content available is still more than on YouTube, Facebook seems to be investing in video infrastructure that is paying off. Therefore, almost 85% of videos are share on Facebook is the original video compared to 10% of YouTube videos shared on Facebook. However, sharing Facebook videos with other platforms, even those owned by Facebook, is a daunting task compared to easy YouTube video sharing. The only sharing options offered by Facebook are limited to the walls of the social network. Recently, users have been wanting to know if there is a way to Share videos on Facebook on WhatsApp or not.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a solution as simple as a share for WhatsApp. In fact, there aren’t any sharing options even with third-party developers. For now, your only options are to share the link to the video (available on PC only) or download the Facebook video and then share it anywhere you want. Here’s how you can go about it.
Share Facebook videos on WhatsApp using PC
- On PC, things get simpler, or at least.
- While browsing Facebook just right click on the video you want to share.
- Click Show video URL and copy the displayed URL.
- Go to web.whatsapp.com and paste the link in the chatbox.
- You can also go to getfbvideos.com and paste the copied URL into the URL form to download the video, then send it to your contact on web.whatsapp.com or transfer it to your phone .
Share Facebook Video to WhatsApp on Android (Root & Xposed Framework)
- Rooting is dangerous, and in some cases a somewhat complicated process, but things like this are what makes rooting worthwhile. If you have a rooted Android smartphone with the Xposed Framework installed, all you need is a module Xposed called Xposed One Tap Facebook Module .
- This module also requires a similarly named application called Xposed One Tap Download . Download and install both.
- Activated Xposed Module and reboot your device.
- The next time you browse Facebook through the official app, you’ll see a finger icon in the left corner of your status bar, as soon as you scroll to the video.
- Pull down notifications by swiping from the top edge of the screen.
- There are three options – Download , Play or Open. Press Download to download the video to your device storage.
- When the video finishes downloading, a new message will be displayed. Tap the notification to view the downloaded video.
- You can then share it like any other image or video on your device via WhatsApp or any other app you like.
- If you’d rather use the Facebook mobile website than the app, you can check it out below.
Share Facebook Video to WhatsApp on Android (No Root or Xposed)
- Things are just as simple for users with non-rooted Android devices, but there is a catch. You’ll have to use Facebook through the mobile website, not the app.
- Download and install FB Video Downloader .
- When you launch the app, it will present you with Facebook’s mobile website. You will have to log in to your Facebook account.
- The website works just like it does on Google Chrome or any other mobile browser.
- There is a difference, however, that when you tap on a video, instead of playing it, the app presents you with three options – See, Download, Cancel.
- Click download to download the video to your device storage.
- Share it with your friends on WhatsApp or any other from your Gallery app.
- Users with rooted Android devices and Xposed Framework can also use this method if they don’t like using the Facebook app.