The default Windows 10 system font is Font Segoe UI. As far as we can see, this font is actually very beautiful. However, if you have a better font or simply want to change it. You can change the default system font on your Windows 10 PC. Therefore in this article, we will show you how to install fonts for Windows 10.
You can install fonts manually from online sources, install them directly using the Microsoft Store, or use a third-party font manager to install them.
Where to find Windows 10 fonts?
There are several free online font sources that you can download. An example is Google’s collection of over a thousand free fonts.
In addition, there are other free online font sources such as Font Squirrel and Urban Fonts. You can even design your own fonts using the free service FontStruct. Font files are usually saved in the file format TTF or OTF.
If you use Photoshop, you can sign up to use Adobe Creative Cloud and download fonts through that service. Or you can install fonts for Windows 10 using the Microsoft Store.
See more ways create a system restore point on Windows 10
How to install fonts for Windows 10 with Windows Font Viewer
If you have downloaded the appropriate TTF or OTF font file from an online source, you can install it using Windows Font Viewer.
Window allows you to preview the font and install it using the Windows Font Viewer. In the example above, you can see the entire font design with the sentence the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, which contains all characters of the alphabet, numbers 0-9, and some punctuation (such as semicolons) are also displayed.
Windows Font Viewer can open both TTF and OTF font files. To install using this method, click the . button Install in the upper-left corner of the Windows Font Viewer window.
After a few minutes, the new font will be available for use by other software on your PC.
How to install fonts for Windows 10 using System Font Folder
However, if you are installing multiple fonts at once, installing fonts using Windows Font Viewer will be a slow and time consuming process. Instead, you can install fonts for Windows 10 manually by copying them directly to the fonts folder in Windows (C:WindowsFonts).
To do this, open Windows File Explorer and go to the folder C:WindowsFonts. Then copy the font files and paste them into the folder itself Fonts.
Once the files are copied or moved into place, the fonts will be available in other applications and installed Windows software. However, you may need to restart any open applications to see the change.
How to install fonts for Windows 10 using Windows Settings
You can install downloaded fonts by dragging and dropping them into the menu Fonts in Windows Settings.
1. Right click on Windows Start menu and press option Settings.
2. In Windows Settings, Press Personalization > Fonts. At the top of the menu is the option to drag and drop font files. If you’ve downloaded OTF or TTF font files, you can open them in a separate Windows File Explorer window, and then drag and drop them onto the open Windows Settings window.
Once in place, the fonts are ready to use immediately.
Find and install fonts for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store
You can also find your favorite font in the Microsoft Store, Windows 10’s built-in app store. Instead of searching for a font manually, you can access a list of available fonts. to download directly from the menu Windows Settings.
1. Right-click the Start menu and click Settings.
2. In Windows Settings, choose Personalization > Fonts. In the menu Fonts, press option Get more fonts in Microsoft Store.
3. This will launch Microsoft Store in a new window. A list of free and paid fonts will appear. Click on one of the available fonts in the list Fonts Click here for preview.
4. In the font preview in the Microsoft Store, press the . button Get. This will download and install the font for Windows 10 on the computer. And you will need to pay if you want to buy a paid font.
Once the font has been installed, you will be able to use it in other software immediately.
Use a third-party font manager
If you are having trouble installing fonts for Windows 10, you can use a third-party font management tool. These tools allow you to do all the downloading, managing and updating of new fonts directly.
One of the best font managers you can use today is FontBase, a cross-platform font management tool for Windows, Mac and Linux. FontBase is free to use and it allows you to quickly install fonts from the Google Fonts collection without downloading and installing them manually.
1. Download and install FontBase to get started. Once installed, you can view your currently installed fonts in the main FontBase window. If you want to install a new font from the Google Fonts collection, tap the option Google in category Providers.
2. FontBase uses a trigger system to turn fonts on and off. When the application is opened, the fonts you have activated will be available for use in other software. When it closes, the fonts will be disabled and unavailable. This is designed to limit the system’s resource usage. To enable a font, select the check box next to the font in the Google list. When the checkbox is green, the font is active.
3. If desired, you can download a font from FontBase and install it manually so that it is always ready to use. To do this, right click on the font you have activated then tap option Go to font. This will open the location of the font in Windows File Explorer.
4. Double-click the font file to open it in Windows Font Viewer. When it opens, press the . button Install.
If you permanently install a FontBase font, the font will be available for use immediately, regardless of whether FontBase is open or not.
How to remove fonts on Windows 10
In case you install the wrong font or don’t want to use the font, you can quickly remove them from your computer through settings.
Step 1: Please open Start Menu and enter Font Settings to open the font settings on the computer.
Step 2: Then, find the font you want to remove on your computer through the name of the font.
Step 3: To remove Fonts on your computer, you just need to select Uninstall to remove them from the computer.
So in this article, IT Tips showed you how to install fonts for Windows 10 and how to remove fonts when installed incorrectly. Good luck!