The “Windows is not genuine” error is one of the common errors in the Windows operating system. You can resolve the error generated on your Windows desktop through the RSOP method, where RSOP stands for Resultant Set of Policy Windows.
As a result of encountering this error, the desktop wallpaper you set will turn to a black screen, battery life will decrease because this message keeps appearing on the computer and causing more problems.
Some Windows 10 features will no longer work unless you remove this message. This warning can be quite annoying, especially when working with important content because it appears periodically. However, you can still do other things on your PC, such as completing your current work and using the computer as before.
The main reason why your computer shows this error is because you did not activate your Windows license after the trial period. You may also receive this error message because the license of the Windows operating system you are using has expired or been blocked.
Use the RSOP command to fix the Windows is not genuine error
You can resolve the error generated on your Windows desktop through the RSOP method, where RSOP stands for Resultant Set of Policy Windows, by following the steps below:
1. Press the buttons Windows + CHEAP from the keyboard to open the window Run
2. Type rsop.msc go there and press the . button Enter
3. Navigate to Windows settings, click Security system and then go to System services
4. Search for services Plug and play, then right click on it and then start looking Startup and then click Automatic
5. Press the buttons Windows + CHEAP as you did in the first step and paste gpupdate/force into the box Run
6. Restart the computer.
Use the SLMGR-REARM command to fix Windows is not genuine
By using Command Prompt and a simple command, you can fix this problem in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and in all versions of the Windows operating system:
1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator by clicking Start, type cmd in the search box, then right click on Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
2. Enter SLMGR – REARM or SLMGR / REARM
3. You will see a confirmation window, click OK and restart the computer.
Note: SLMGR is a Windows software licensing management tool. The REARM command will reset the machine’s licensing state.
Check if your license is really legal
If you paid for a license and now you find out it’s a fake, you can resolve the issue with Microsoft, report the fake software, and see what happens.
In addition, you must contact your supplier as Microsoft support will in most cases only help you with the problem when you purchase the Windows operating system from the Microsoft store.
The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool provides detailed information about the Microsoft Genuine Advantage components and settings currently on your system.
It will allow you to diagnose and solve problems automatically. Run the tool, copy its findings to the clipboard, and then submit a Genuine Windows technical support request to Microsoft.
Download the tool, run MGADiag.exe and click tiếp tục to view test results.
There will be some useful information like Validation Status which can tell you invalid product key or blacklisted company key.
You may also receive a notification if the LegitCheckControl.dll file has been tampered with. In that case, there may be some form of crack on your Windows installation that has been detected.
If there’s a problem the tool can fix, click the . button Resolve.
Turn off Windows Update
To make sure that This copy of Windows is not genuine message doesn’t come back, make sure you’ve turned off automatic Windows updates.
To turn off automatic Windows updates, you need to do the following steps:
- Open Control Panell from the Start button
- Go to options Windows update
- Click option Install Updates Automatically and choose Never check for updates (Not Recommended)
- Click Apply to change settings and restart your computer
Note: Your computer should now never get this error again. However, you cannot upgrade your Windows to the latest version to fix bugs or get new features.
Hope the methods described above helped you fix the windows is not genuine error message. There may be other methods, but the ones suggested above are easy to follow. Also, to avoid such trouble, users should not use pirated version of Windows and should own an official Windows Copy from Microsoft.