HTC One M9 has been updated to version Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to fix bugs as well as improve security issues on the Android platform. This is good news for users HTC One M9 but the user’s other devices are a bit disadvantaged. But when you install then you will not have root access as well you are looking for how to root your HTC One M9 phone.
It is to meet that need that Android software developer Chainfire has update SuperSU with many changes from design to features for devices running the operating system Android Marshmallow. The current latest version of SuperSU is very stable V2.65 while the developer is beta testing v2.71. Both versions work well and are compatible with most Android devices. But I recommend using V2.71 because beta is closer to next in software development process.
Requirements before implementation
To be able to install SuperSU, your device needs to have a custom recovery. Xiandroid recommends you to use the latest version of TWRP for HTC One M9.
Root HTC One M9 phones running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update
Rooting an HTC One M9 running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is a 2-step process of installing TWRP and installing SuperSU.
Install TWRP for HTC One M9
To be able to install SuperSU on your HTC One M9, you will need to install TWRP. Now, to install TWRP, you need to unlock the loader boot the bootloader on HTC One M9. If your phone’s bootloader is still locked, please see the link below to perform unlocking and installing TWRP.
Before you start, make sure you have ADB/Fastboot installed on your computer. If not, download it from the link above and install it. This is very necessary for you to install TWRP on One M9.
- Power off the One M9 phone.
- Next, press and hold the . button at the same time Power + Volume Down let me go to bootloader.
- Right now you connect HTC One M9 mobile phone With computer.
- Next, open the editor window.Command Prompt” and enter the following command
fastboot flash recovery C:UsersRounakDownloadsTWRP.img
- The process will then install TWRP and you need to use the Power button to confirm the installation.
- Next, restart your phone.
Root HTC One M9 with SuperSU
Once TWRP has been installed and your phone has rebooted, you are now on to rooting your phone.
First you need to download SuperSU v2.71 from the link above and copy it to your phone.
- Power off HTC One M9.
- Press and hold the . button at the same time Power + Volume Down until you get in bootloader mode.
- Right now you use the volume rocker to move to Recovery. Press the Power button to confirm. This will put the phone into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP, click Install and locate and select the SuperSU 2.71 file.
- Next, perform a swipe to start the installation process of SuperSU V2.71.
After flashing is completed, click Reboot -> System to start Android. To confirm if you have successfully rooted then see if the SuperSu app is on your device and open it. If it opens successfully then it will show a normal screen without any warning.
Besides, you can also use the Checker Root app to confirm if your M9 has been successfully rooted.