Good news to phone users Samsung Galaxy E5 that’s there’s the latest TWRP for it. But to install it, you need to use Odin. This version of TWRP supports versions Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H and E500M. With TWRP recovery available for device, user can install custom rom.
The TWRP Custom Recovery listed here has all the features including backup, advanced settings, mounting and more. TWRP has been tested on version Samsung Galaxy E5 run the processor chip Qualcomm Snapdragon E500H and E500M.
Note that TWRP recovery will result in a Knox Counter on your device, so proceed with caution.
With TWRP, you can root your stock ROM or flash any custom ROM and Stock Rom on your Galaxy device. Here is a detailed guide that will help you to install the latest TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy E5 device using Odin software.
Make sure you back up everything before you proceed. So let’s start with the tutorial.
Alert: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom packages on your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
- You’re using Galaxy E5 It should be noted that this guide is only suitable for Galaxy E5 SM-E500H Qualcomm Snapdragon and E500M version.
- Fully charge the battery or have at least 60% remaining.
- Your Galaxy E5 needs to be activated USB Debugging mode. If you have not activated it, see the article:Instructions to enable usb debugging mode for Android devices.
- Download and install the full driver for your computer.
- Download 7zip software to extract the zip file to get the firmware files with the extension .tar.md5.
- Download | TWRP Recovery for Galaxy E5 (File: recovery.tar.md5 (14.23 MB))
- Download | Odin v3.09 or higher
Backup apps and data
This process will completely erase all your apps and data on your current firmware as it will perform a new firmware installation. We encourage you to back up apps, contacts, messages, pictures, videos and other important data stored on your phone’s internal memory.
How to install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy E5
- Download the TWRP file for your phone Samsung Galaxy your. If it is a zip file, extract it to get TWRP recovery with .tar extension.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into Download mode. To do this, turn off the phone and then press and hold the . button Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle, press Volume Up / Down to enter Download / Odin.
- Download the required Odin.zip file and extract the file on your computer. You will get the file Odin3_v3.0.9.exe. Open it as administrator to open the Odin window. If the current version doesn’t work, try using an older version.
- Connection Samsung Galaxy E5 with the computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect the devices, the port ID:COM on Odin turns blue. You will also see the message “Added !!“Reports successful connection.
- If that’s the case, Odin doesn’t detect your device, troubleshoot the following:
- Restart your phone and turn off USB Debugging and turn it back on.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB Driver driver.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to another port.
- Now press the button AP on Odin and add the firmware file (recovery.tar.md5) If you are using an old version of Odin then select PDA.
- In the Options section you need to make sure that “”Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time“.
- Now, click the Start button on Odin to start installing the firmware.
- Once you receive the message “PASS!” on Odin, your device will reboot. The green signal indicates that you have successfully installed. In case you receive the message “Fail!“, you need to carefully redo each step.
So you have installed TWRP Recovery for Galaxy E5 your. It is recommended that you backup your current ROM before proceeding. If you experience any boot loops or system errors, you can do a factory reset right on TWRP Recovery mode or if you want to go back to the old rom then you can completely restore.