Galaxy Ace 3 is one of the mid-range devices with pretty good hardware configuration. However, it has not received any official Android Lollipop updates so we need to proceed with installing the latest versions. Custom ROMs as ROM CyanogendMod. However, to install this ROM, you need to set up a custom recovery like TWRP first.
When you install custom recovery it will help you can install SuperSU to get root access as well as install custom ROM, kernel or Xposed Framework and many things. Now then TWRP recovery already available on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. However to have TWRP Recovery The latest version on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 device, you need to install it on the system to be able to use it.
To be able to install a custom recovery, you need to go through the installation steps through Odin’s tool. However, the Odin method will only work with TWRP files of .tar or .tar.md5 format. To install an .img file, you need to root first and then install it through the Flashify Android app.
Warning: Your device may void its warranty if you perform rooting and Install TWRP Recovery on the device. Xiandroid does not take any responsibility for your device.
- This guide only applies to Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275 so you don’t do it on any other device.
- Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy Ace or make sure it has at least 60% left.
- You need to proceed Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- You also need a full installation USB Driver for computer.
- Download 7zip software to extract the zip file to get the firmware files with the extension .tar.md5.
Please download TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275
Backup apps and data
It is suggested that you back up apps, contacts, messages, pictures, videos and other important data stored on your phone’s internal memory. You should check out how some apps are useful for backups here. This will help you to backup your phone data easily. Once you install TWRP recovery to your device, take a nandroid backup immediately.
How to install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275 LTE
- Download the TWRP recovery files for your Galaxy Ace 3 from the “download” section. If it is a zip file, extract it to get the firmware file in .tar.md5 format.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do this, turn off the phone and then press and hold the . button Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle, press the . key Volume Up / Down key to enter mode Download Mode / Odin.
- Download the Odin.zip file and extract it on your computer. You will get the file Odin3_v3.10.7.exe. Open it with administrator privileges to get the Odin window.
- Connect the Galaxy Ace 3 to the computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect the device, the port ID:COM above Odin will turn blue. You will also see the message “Added !!“Report successful connection.
- If that’s the case, Odin doesn’t detect your device, troubleshoot the following:
- Restart your phone and disable USB Debugging and turn it back on.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB driver.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to other usb ports.
- Click on the button “AP” on Odin and navigate to select firmware (twrp-188.8.131.52.tar.md5)
- In the Options section you need to make sure “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” was checked and did not select another.
- You need to make sure everything is set up as shown above and then click on the “Start” for the installation to take place.
- When you complete the installation on Odin, the message “PASS!“and status”PASS!” is green to let you know that the installation is successful and restart the device. If you receive the message “Fail!“You need to re-do each step carefully.
When you successfully boot into the system, you can now enjoy TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Ace 3 and can proceed with the custom rom installation.