There is now a way unlock bootloader as well as custom recovery settings for Nexus 5X device so you can customize and install 3rd party apps, etc. To meet your customization needs, we’ve got an audio mod for you. Nexus 5X device your. With this mod will allow your Nexus 5X device to play surround sound and also customize the speakers on the device.
Member sshafranko on XDA forum has guided you to install Mod to help you activate your external speakers to work at the same time as main speaker when you play music, watch videos, movies or when your phone rings… install this sound mod you need to boot into TWRP recovery mode Only then can you install the Mod.
Alternatively, you can unzip the files and put them in system/etc and give them access like rw-rr. However, you will need root access on your device to do so.
Warning: device warranty may void if you perform root on your device, xaiandroid will not be responsible for your device.
- Sound Mod for Nexus 5X
- Surround Sound MOD – Download | File: Nexus_5x_Surround.zip
- Volume Boost for Upper Loud Speaker – Download | File: Nexus_5x_Surround_ + Loud.zip
- Restore to stock sound – Download | File: Nexus_5x_ReverttoStock.zip
- This mod is only compatible with Nexus 5X, you do not use the mod for other devices.
- Make sure you have Install TWRP Recovery for your device.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP. See instructions for installing TWRP on Nexus 5X.
- You need to perform root before proceeding. See also: guide to root, install twrp and unlock bootloader for Nexus 5X.
- You need to install the usb driver for your computer to copy the rom and gapps to the phone’s memory. Download here.
- Fully charge the battery or have at least 60% remaining.
Backup your Apps and data
Before you proceed, make sure you back up all your data. We encourage you to create a backup or nandroid backup. You also need to back up files stored on other devices as a precaution.
How to install Surround Sound Mod on Nexus 5
- Download all files sound mods (sound mods) from the download section.
- Now you copy them to your device’s memory.
- Now reboot into custom recovery like TWRP. To boot into TWRP, first turn off the phone and then press and hold the volume down key and the power key at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, it means you have successfully booted into recovery.
- It is recommended that you do a nandroid backup at this time. To backup your ROM, touch backup option in TWRP and select all partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right select the appropriate place to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP menu and click on the Setting option. Navigate to the mod sound file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. Now the mod file will be installed.
- Similarly, you can install second mods.
- After installation, you restart the device.
If you experience any boot loops or system crashes, you can completely rollback or restore the firmware from a backup.