Whenever Samsung When it comes to the launch of the next-generation smartphone product, you will surely be excited about the display capabilities and configuration of that device. But accompanying each generation of phones released by Samsung is a set of wallpapers, interfaces, and utility applications for that device that make us even more excited.
Although I do not own Samsung devices but I also quite like the design as well as the design style that the company makes unmistakably. That style is only available in Samsung and in this article I will guide you to customize it Android device your device to look and feel like the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus and Samsung apps for other Android devices.
Substratum theme engine
Galaxy S9 substratum theme (Galaxy Evolution)
Galaxy S9 stock apps
Those are the native apps on the Galaxy S9 converted by AlexRafiq.
- Your device runs the Android Oreo operating system
- The device is rooted
- Device with TWRP Recovery installed
Note: The apps have been ported to work on any Android device and not necessarily a Samsung device. However, there will be many applications that will not work 100% on other devices because there are too many devices running Google’s Android operating system right now. Therefore, it is recommended that you create a TWRP backup of your system partition before performing a custom installation.
Install Theme Galaxy S9
- Using the link in the download section called Galaxy Evolution will take you to the Google Play Store page, where you can install the theme on your device. There’s also a link to the Substratum app if you don’t already have it.
- For Substratum to work, you will need the sungstratum plugin for Samsung devices, other Android Oreo devices will require the andromeda plugin. To get the substrate working on your device, follow this link for Samsung devices and this link for other Android Oreo devices.
- If you have a rooted device, you don’t need the above plugins, though, the developers of substratum recommend using plugins instead of rooting methods. In any case, the background theme engine will work as advertised.
- Now that you have had a chance to discover background themes and use them, and have installed the Galaxy evolution theme, launch Substratum app.
- Tap on the topic named Galaxy Evolution.
- Turn the main switch on or off to select all overlays at once, or select individual items and then click the floating button in the bottom right corner.
- Choose Build & Enable .
- If you are using Substratum with root, you may have to restart your device.
Stock Galaxy S9 app
Stock Galaxy S9 app available as a single zip file that you can download from the Download above. As mentioned, you will need root access for the apps to be installed and working. Furthermore, since it is a zip file, you will need a custom recovery like TWRP.
Here is the list of stock apps from Galaxy S9 contained in zip:
- Phone and Contacts
- Incall UI
- Home TouchWiz
- Edge Lightning
- Task Edge
- People Edge
- S Finder
- Smart management
- Photo Editor
- Always show ON
- Emoji sounds and images
How to install?
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Choose Setting .
- Navigate to the downloaded zip file and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom to install.
- The installation may take a few seconds to view zips over 300MB in size. Once done, click the button Reboot the system.