How to watch it again password saved on Android is very easy especially if you use Chrome browser. Google’s Chrome browser allows you to save your passwords for you whenever you enter them on a new website. This feature comes in handy when you forget them.
Here’s how you can retrieve your saved passwords on your Android phone.
Step-by-step instructions on how to view saved passwords on Android
- The first step is to open the browser of your choice. Most browsers on Android have password saving features, Chrome, Firefox, and even Opera provide this protection. We will use Chrome as an example since most Android users use Chrome
- When the browser is open, click the three vertical dots. They are usually located in the upper right corner of the screen. Some phones have them in the bottom right corner.
- After clicking on the dots, a drop-down menu will appear. From there, tap on the Settings option. This will lead you to your browser’s settings.
- In the Settings screen, locate and click the option with Password.
- This is the screen where you can find all your saved logins and passwords. They are ambiguous for security reasons so far. To view the password for a specific site, click on the site’s name.
- A new window will appear providing the username and password. You will notice that the password is still not displayed, because you need to press the Little Eye Icon. This will display the password for you to remember or copy to clipboard.
- If your device has battery or fingerprint security enabled, you’ll need to authenticate the device. Enter your pin or use fingerprint to verify your identity. This feature is there to make sure no one else can see your password.
That’s it, now you know how to view saved passwords on Chrome on Android. Click the Clipboard icon to copy the password and paste it into the website you’re visiting. Save a few seconds, especially if you have complex passwords.
Tips for using Google’s Password Manager on Android
There are several features that allow you to manage passwords on Chrome. While they are not as extensive as some dedicated password managers, they are still quite useful.
How to delete saved passwords on Chrome
You can remove the password by navigating to Settings -> Passwords -> Site Name and pressing the Trash Icon located in the top right corner.
Get and view passwords on Android
Want to batch export all your saved passwords? You can do that by going to the Settings -> Passwords page and clicking on the three vertical dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Export Passwords and choose your preferred method.
Warning: this will save all your passwords in an unsecured text file. So make sure it is placed in a safe place.
Where are app passwords stored on Android phones and devices?
Application passwords are stored in the browser itself. They are encrypted and secure so you can’t access them without a browser. Some browsers keep encrypted passwords on your device storage while some save them online. So you can switch devices and still have access to them.