Root your device, install custom recovery, kernel, ROM and using native apps on your device is the habit of Android enthusiasts. If you continue reading the instructions below it will be all that is needed for you to unlock the bootloader on your device allowing access to stealth mode. HTC is one of the pioneer OEMs in allowing users to unlock the bootloader and has specific instructions for users of its phones.
Unlocking a bootloader will allow access to fastboot, enter download mode on your device which will allow you flash image file, customize the image to edit the device’s files. So you can replace restore recovery stock with custom recovery on your device so you can install custom kernel, rom on your device. Today we will do how unlock bootloader bootloader on the HTC One M9.
Unlocking your phone bootloader will erase all the data on your phone. You need to make a backup before doing so and furthermore we are not responsible for your device.
- Be sure to fully charge the device or have at least 60% left to avoid power failure during the process.
- You need to install the correct usb driver on your computer. If you haven’t installed it yet, install it and download it here.
- You need to enable usb debugging on your device to use ADB commands while the phone is connected to the computer.
- Download and unzip ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer: mfastboot-v2.zip | Mirror
- Back up important files in your phone’s memory before they are deleted.
- Register an account on HTCDev.com
How to Unlock Bootloader on HTC One M9
- Sign in to your account on the HTCDev.com website.
- Open bootloader unlock page → Click here
- Now choose “All Other Supported Models” from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button “Begin Unlock Bootloader” to start the process.
- Open the folder where you just extracted the ADB and Fastboot files and then open the CMD command window by pressing the key Shift + Right Click into any free space inside the folders, and select “Open command window here“.
- Connect your HTC One M9 to your computer with a USB cable and boot into download mode with the command below.
adb reboot download
- In the command window, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- This command will display a token on the command screen. Copy this script by right clicking on an empty area select Mark and hover over the text from <<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and ending with <<<< nhận dạng token End >>>>>. Then quickly right-click again to copy.
- Now visit the following link → Click here. Paste the code you just copied into “My Device IdentifierToken” and click the Submit button.
- If all goes well, you will receive an e-mail from HTC Dev with a file Unlock_code.bin attached to the e-mail. Download it and paste it in the folder where you extracted the ADB & fastboot files.
- In the command window, execute the following command:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- A screen may appear on your phone now asking you to confirm Unlock Bootloader. Use the button Volume Up to select Yes and then use the Power button to confirm the selection.
- HTC One M9 will now reboot and the bootloader will be unlocked. You can confirm it by booting into bootloader mode where it will show *** UNLOCKED *** at the top of the screen.
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your HTC One M9 and you can explore it but be careful because there is much hidden inside waiting for you to discover.