In this guide we will discuss how to remove connected devices from Instagram account your. With the increasing risk of social media accounts being hacked, several important measures need to be taken in this regard. We’ve shared some security tips like choosing a stronger password or enabling two-factor authentication for your account. There is also another important security tip to check – that you are the only one with access to your Instagram account and also from an authorized device.
There may be a situation when you have signed in to your account from another device, but forgot to sign out. Or you sold your old smartphone to a retailer but may not have removed your account from it. Yes, the possibilities are endless. Therefore, it is advisable to check all devices connected to your account.
Furthermore, if you see any suspicious activity from any connected device, you should remove it from your Instagram account in that case. Today, we will show you how this can be done.
Remove connected devices from Instagram account
Thankfully, the photo sharing app offers an easy interface to handle all of this. It not only shows a list of all the devices associated with your account, but also the date, time, and device name. Moreover, it even goes a step further and shows the exact location on the map where your account is accessed.
So if you find any device that doesn’t belong to you, or the location it was accessed from is not in your domain, the best course of action is to act immediately. So, in this guide, we are going to list the steps to remove connected devices from your Instagram account. Here are the essential instructions to be kept in mind. In addition, these Instagram features should be used to control your privacy.
Steps to follow
- Open Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Next tap on the hamburger menu and select Setting.
- In it, go to security and tap login activity below Security login part.
- In section Where you logged in, you’ll see a list of all the devices associated with your Instagram account. The time, location, and device name will also be displayed. The activity shown at the top will be your current Instagram session.
- Most of this list will be filled with your own login activity. To check the location of any of these activities, tap the three horizontal dots. it will show the version location on the map.
- If you sniff anything suspicious, it’s better to remove that connected device from Instagram. To do so, just tap Log out below location.
- There is another way to do so. Right at the top of the Login Activity page, there’s a section Was This You. This feature directly shows everything right on the map. You can scroll left and check other activities. And if you’re not sure about any of these sessions, just tap the option This Was’t Me.
So this is all from this guide on how to remove a connected device from your Instagram account. It is always advisable to keep your social accounts safe, secure and up to date with the latest security tips. And the tip that we discussed in this guide will definitely help further enhance the safety of your account. With that said, don’t forget to share your views on the matter in the comments section below.