Pokemon Go created a fever in the mobile game market in the past year. Pokemon Go released by Niantic Labs and it got v0.37 update which fixed the related bugs and it was immediately updated for android devices. The release of the update helps prevent cheating in the game as well as some useful features in the game. However, rolling out the update will no longer be compatible with rooted devices, which is likely to affect a lot of users. Thanks to using fake GPS and Xposed module to play Pokemon that many people regret and to solve this situation you will need to use Magisk on a rooted Android device.
Magisk is a mod developed by topjohnwu that is Systemless interface to support various systemless mods. The Magisk mod can use the SafeNet API used in the game Pokemon Go. It does however need to be installed from a custom recovery and you will need a bootloader unlocked device. If you can’t do that you can remove root and Xposed on your device. To root, you use SuperSU and once you have it, it’s completely easy to use. Depending on how you rooted your device, the steps may vary slightly. So be sure to remove root and Xposed completely on your device to use Pokemon Go on rooted Android devices.
How to Play Pokemon Go on Root Devices with Magisk
- To remove root, you open SuperSu . app and scroll to the Cleanup section and select “Full unroot”. Follow the onscreen instructions to unroot. Restore back to stock, but do not restore the stock recovery image while performing unrooting. Your phone will reboot to complete the process.
- Now is the time to handle the Xposed from your device. Go to the Official Xposed Uninstaller Page and download the installer files that are compatible with your device. Reboot your device into recovery and install Xposed Uninstaller by selecting Setting options from custom recovery and clean cache/Dalvik.
- Restart the device when the Xposed installation program is done. Check the app list to make sure rooting and installing Xposed are completely removed from your device.
- Download Magisk mod (XDA theme) and install it on your device from custom recovery. The device reboots when done.
- Now is the time to re-root your device, but the process will be different now. Download the Magisk version of superuser PHH and install it from custom recovery. Reboot your device and install the apps below to manage root access on your device.
- Install Magisk Manager v1.2 on your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and disable root whenever you want to play Pokemon Go on your device. Enable rooting once you’re done catching Pokemon.
Now we can enjoy Pokemon Go on your rooted device without any problem. Hope Niantic doesn’t block this method.