Once an Android device has been successfully installed TWRP, you can proceed root devices, install mods, even install versions Custom ROMs like CyanogenMod… But what if you own Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 If you don’t know how, you should watch this guide to be able to Install TWRP Recovery through the Odin software.
Note: TWRP is compatible with SM-T710/715/810/815 version running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. If you want to find custom rom for Tab S2 there is a CyanogenMod 12.1 build ROM with a custom recovery.
The features of TWRP that allow you to backup, advanced settings, etc. work well on Tab S2. However, custom recovery will cause your device to be Knox Counter, so use caution. Here is a detailed guide that will help you install the latest TWRP recovery on your device Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 your using Odin software.
- This guide is only suitable for Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 models SM-T710/715/810/815.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android tablet.
- Make sure you have driver USB Driver Samsung install on your PC.
- Download 7zip software extract the zip file to get the firmware file with the format .tar.md5.
- Make sure you have fully charged battery for your Galaxy device or at least above 60%.
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Backup apps and data
We encourage you to back up apps, contacts, messages, pictures, videos, and other data on your device.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
- Download the TWRP file for your Samsung Galaxy device. If the download is in zip file format, you need to unzip it to get the file with the format file .tar.
- Now you power off the tablet Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 and start it up Download mode. To do this, power off the tablet and then press and hold the . button Volume Down + Home + Powersimultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle, press Volume Up / Down to enter Download / Odin.
- Download the required Odin.zip file and extract the file on your computer. You will get the file Odin_v3.09.exe. Open it as administrator to open the Odin window.
- Connect the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 tablet to the computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect the devices, the port ID:COM on Odin turns blue. You will also see the message “Added !!“Reports successful connection.
- If that’s the case, Odin doesn’t detect your device, troubleshoot the following:
- Restart your phone and turn off USB Debugging and turn it back on.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB Driver driver.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to another port.
- Now click the button AP on Odin and add the firmware file (recovery.tar.md5). If you are using the old version then select the PDA button.
- In the Options section you need to make sure that “”Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time“.
- Now, click the . button Start on Odin to start the installation.
- Once you receive the message “PASS!” on Odin, your device will reboot. The green signal indicates that you have successfully installed. In case you receive the message “Fail!“, you need to carefully redo each step.
- Now that you have installed TWRP Recovery on your tablet, you can install a custom ROM or whatever to customize and boot into it using the same button combination as above.
Once you get into the custom recovery, it is recommended that you back up your current ROM. If you experience any boot loops or the system crashes, you can try a factory reset from TWRP or if you want to go back to the stock rom you reinstall the stock firmware.