YU Yunique is a pretty cool smart mobile device with very cool firmware. Although it is not popular in Vietnam, you can completely customize it like any smart mobile device running Android operating system. It is supported by many custom ROMs including Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow latest and already has TWRP Recovery for it. Also you can customize it with many different roms. Member Anuragdc on XDA forum successfully done the installation TWRP recovery above YU Yunique to help you better customize.
Right now you can install TWRP Recovery right on YU Yunique YU4711. After you have successfully installed you can install SuperSU, Custom Mods or modify the system as well as install ROMs.
In this tutorial, xaiandroid guides you to use adb and fastboot to be able to install TWRP. Once you have successfully installed then you can backup nandroid or install custom rom, install new kernel.
Alert: Warranty will be void if you do install TWRP so you have to decide before proceeding.
- TWRP Recovery for Yunique – Download | File: twrp_yunique.img (10.64 MB)
Backup apps and data
This process will not delete data but it is best to create a backup. Once you have TWRP you should proceed to back up everything on the phone.
- The manual is only for the YU Yunique YU4711 device.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your device to be able to install the TWRP Recovery custom recovery.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download the Android SDK from the full from now, or quick install ADB and Fastboot from now or from now or here for YU Yunique. For Mac or Linux OS, click here.
- Install the driver USB Driver for your computer.
- Unlock OEM in developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- If you can’t find Developer Options, then you will have to first activate it by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number and tap 7 times until you see a small notification that you have activated it.
- Then come back Settings menu, you should find that development option. Open it and allow USB Debugging or see the article Instructions to enable USB debugging mode
- Now, go to Settings –> Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlock.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on YU Yunique YU4711
- First you need to download the recovery file to your computer and extract it if it is a zip file.
- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot set up on your PC. Also accept “Always allow from this computer” (Always allow from this computer) when you plug in the device for the first time to activate the feature USB Debugging.
- Next, you turn off the power completely and disconnect the USB.
- Boot into bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the phone and then press and hold the volume up + volume down + power keys simultaneously for a few seconds. When you see the bootloader screen, connect your phone to the computer right away using the usb cable.
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the recovered files on the computer. Rename the recovery files to recovery.img. At the folder containing the recovered file, hold the shift key on your computer’s keyboard and right-click an empty space and select “Open Command here windows” to open the CMD command window.
- Now use the following command at the command prompt to check your device connection
- Next you install the custom recovery with the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The custom recovery will be installed on your device. Once the installation is complete, boot your phone into recovery mode. You can do this by turning off the phone then pressing and holding the volume down key and the power key at the same time or you can use the following command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Once on the recovery, you can backup your current ROM, data, EFS and more.
Once you’ve installed TWRP, you’ve successfully set up TWRP and can now customize and install everything else. For Mac OS, Linux users, use the following command to install TWRP recovery.
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to boot into bootloader or fastboot mode using adb
You can also use the following command through cmd or your terminal, when connected to your PC, to boot into the bootloader. First need to set up adb and fastboot environment then follow the instructions in step 5. After the command window opens, enter the following command to boot into booloader or fastboot
adb reboot bootloader