For those who own HTC One A9 now there is TWRP Recovery for this phone. Once you have TWRP Recovery you can proceed to install SuperSU to gain root access as well as custom mods or you can even install ROMs. TWRP Recovery tested and working properly so you can rest assured to use it with version 18.104.22.168 by Captain_Throwback.
How to install TWRP Recovery on HTC One A9 Yours is using adb and fastboot. Once you have successfully installed you can root, backup nandroid and install any custom rom. Here is a guide to help you install TWRP Recovery on your HTC One A9.
- TWRP Recovery for HTC One A9 – Download | File: twrp-22.214.171.124_CPTB-B9-hiae.img
- Mirror – TWRP for HTC One A9
Backup apps and data
The process will not lose your data, but it is best to make a backup. Once you have TWRP you should back up your system, data, etc. with TWRP custom recovery.
- This guide only applies to HTC One A9 so you don’t use this method on other devices.
- You will need to unlock the bootloader before you can install TWRP Recovery on your device. To unlock you go to the official HTC website to perform the unlock.
- Set up adb and fastboot on your computer. You can download ADB and fastboot tools from now(unzip it) or have quick install ADB and Fastboot from now.
- You need to install USB driver for your computer to be able to successfully connect between the computer and the phone.
- Open “Setting” -> “Developer Options” and activate USB Debugging on your phone. To activate the development option, you need to touch “Build Number” in About Phone many times (About 7 times).
- Go to the “Developer options” (Developer options) and activate OEM Unlock (“Allow oem unlock“).
How to Install TWRP on HTC One A9
- Download image files recovered. Unzip it if it’s a zip file on your computer when you download it and keep it in an easy-to-find location.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on PC your. Also accept “Always allow from this computer” (Always allow from this computer) when you plug in the device for the first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Now power off the phone and disconnect the USB.
- Boot into bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down key and the power button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds. When you see the bootloader screen, connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. (Select fastboot if option is available) Alternatively, you can use the following command in a terminal or command prompt, while your device is connected to the computer to enter fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the recovered files. Rename the recovery files to recovery.img. While the folder containing the recovery.img file is open, hold the shift key on your keyboard and right click on an empty area and select “Open command window here” to open a cmd window.
- Now use the following command type in CMD command window to check your device connection.
- Next flash the custom recovery. Run the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The custom recovery will be installed on your device. Now boot your phone in recovery mode. You can do this by turning off the phone and then pressing and holding the volume down and power keys at the same time. Or you can use the following command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- When entering recovery, you can backup your current ROM, data, EFS and more.
Once you have TWRP installed, you can customize your HTC One A9 phone. In case you are using a mac or linux machine use the command “./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash the TWRP recovery.