Samsung Galaxy Express is a mid-range device that has never received an official Android update from the manufacturer. However, with a custom recovery like TWRP, you can completely upgrade your Android operating system to the latest version. With the above configuration Galaxy Express fully guarantee the minimum configuration of the operating system Android 6.0 Marshmallow Latest now through Custom ROM CM 13. However, to install this ROM, you need to set up a custom recovery like TWRP first.
Installing a custom recovery has its own advantages. For example, you can flash a package SuperSU to achieve root access, install a custom ROM or kernel of your choice or Xposed Framework setup, and many more. TWRP recovery is quite popular and it is good for us to use it to modify or even install the Android version depending on the choice of the phone user.
To install custom recovery For this, you need to go through the Odin installation steps. However, the method using Odin will only work with files of the .tar or .tar.md5 format. If there is an .img file in the TWRP file below, you can install it directly via Flashify Android app.
Alert: Warranty may be void if you root or install TWRP on your device. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
- Make sure you are using the device Samsung Galaxy Express. This guide is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730.
- Fully charge the Galaxy Express or make sure it has at least 60% left.
- You need to proceed Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy Express.
- You also need a full installation USB Driver for computer.
- Download 7zip software to extract the zip file to get the firmware files with the extension .tar.md5.
Recovery TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Express.
- Download | TWRP 220.127.116.11 (File: recovery.zip)
- Download | TWRP 18.104.22.168 (File: twrp-22.214.171.124.zip)
- Download | TWRP 126.96.36.199
- Download | TWRP for Galaxy Express (Latest Version)
- Download | Odin3 v3.10.7
Backup apps and data
It is suggested that you back up apps, contacts, messages, pictures, videos and other important data stored on your phone’s internal memory. You should check out how some apps are useful for backups here. This will help you to backup your phone data easily. Once you install TWRP recovery to your device, take a nandroid backup immediately.
How to install TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730
- Download the TWRP recovery files for Galaxy Express GT-I8730 yours from the “download” section. If it is a zip file, extract it to get the firmware file in .tar.md5 format. If it is an image file, leave it as is.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into Download mode. To do this, turn off the phone and then press and hold the . button Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle, press the . key Volume Up / Down to enter Download / Odin’s mode.
- Download the Odin.zip file and extract the file on your computer. You will get the file Odin3_v3.10.7.exe. Open it as administrator to get Odin windows.
- Connect your Galaxy Express GT-I8730 to your computer using a USB cable.
- When you connect the device, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn green. You will also see the message “Added !!” for successful connection.
- If that’s the case, Odin doesn’t detect your device, troubleshoot the following:
- Restart your phone and disable USB Debugging and turn it back on.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB driver for the computer.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to other ports.
- Now click the button AP on Odin and add the firmware file (TWRP-188.8.131.52.tar.md5)
- In the Options section, you need to make sure that only Reboot Auto and F. Reset Time has been selected.
- Before you proceed with the installation on Odin, make sure everything is set up according to the screenshots.
- Now click the button Start on Odin to start the installation.
- Once you receive the message “PASS!” on Odin, your device will reboot and be green in the “PASS!” section! signifies that your installation is successful. In case you receive the message “Fail!” then you do it again carefully.
Once you successfully boot into the system, you can now enjoy TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Express GT-I8730.