Honor 5x is one of the latest products of Huawei in the mid-range segment. With the great success of Huawei Nexus 6P and Mate 8, Huawei is looking to expand its smartphone business worldwide. This time, they gave Honor 5x simultaneously in many countries like USA, India, and European countries to expand its business globally.
Honor 5x It comes with a budget-friendly price tag, but has a premium design with a metal frame. The Honor 5X has a Snapdragon 616 CPU with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage and supports microSD expansion up to 128GB. Battery with 3,000mAh SmartPower, an energy-saving feature that can extend battery life up to a day and a half with moderate use. The 13MP camera has an F2.0 aperture while the 5MP front camera has an F2.4 lens. According to information introduced from Huawei, Honor 5X has a fingerprint sensor that works over time with usage.
Honor 5x has everything and admiring specs for users on a tight budget. But users may or may not like EMUI, although it was customized by Huawei from Android. You can root your Honor 5x to customize its software to your liking. Follow the steps below to install TWRP and root your phone.
Requirements before implementation
Steps to Root Huawei Honor 5X phone
- You need to create Huawei ID account are from this link.
- Log in and fill in the necessary information: https://goo.gl/VEKvXY
- To get the product identifier, in the dial-up interface of your phone, enter * # * # 1357946 # * # *.
- Now that you have your phone unlock code, you go into the settings and tap on “build number” about 7 times until it tells you that you are a developer. Then go back and tap on developer options and search USB Debugging and turn it on.
- Activate the development setting by going to Settings -> choose About phone and keep touching “Build Number” until you are a developer. Once that’s done go back to settings and go to Develop Settings and Enable OEM unlocking.
- You will need to install ADB and Fastboot on your computer, but if not already installed then follow this installation guide to install ADB and Fastboot in seconds: “How to Install ADB and Fastboot in Android” a few seconds”.
- Plug your device into the computer and authorize your own device for ADB to work, then type the following commands in the ADB and fastboot window
adb reboot bootloader
- When booting into the bootloader use the following commands:
fastboot oem unlock 2062712452147427 (replace with your phone unlock code)
- In case you already got the unlock code from the website. Please keep it in mind and back up your personal data as it will wipe your data.
- Start the phone and set it up.
- Download the TWRP recovery image from the above link and copy it to the ADB and Fastboot folders.
- Reboot into the bootloader by typing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Install recovery with the following command: Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_kiwi.img
- Once it finishes, type the following command:
- Download the SuperSU zip from the link above and copy it to your device.
- Boot into recovery by typing the following:
adb reboot recovery
- This will launch TWRP on your device, select install and browse for the zip file SuperSU copy and then swipe to confirm/Install it.
- Restart the phone.
- Ruler formula!
You now have root access on your Huawei Honor 5X.