Xposed is one of the best customizer for Android devices. It allows you to customize your android phone adding some of the available features normally found in custom roms. These features can be used on any rom through module settings. However, now there are many users who like to use stock rom with Xposed rather than using custom rom.
The only downside of rooted devices and install Xposed is that you will no longer be able to receive OTA updates from your device manufacturer. You must reset your device to its original state in order to continue receiving OTA updates. However, a software developer on the XDA forum has successfully developed it systemless Xposed with systemless SuperSU according to the inspiration created by this member.
Recently developer Chainfire has released version SuperSU gives us root access without affecting the phone’s system partitions. Systemless root only available on devices running Android Marshmallow and higher versions of Android. Systemless root inspired by developer topjohnwu to create systemless Xposed framework allows you to customize your Android device without interfering with your phone’s system partition.
The main advantage of SuperSU system and systemless Xposed is that you can get the OTA update on your device and Android Pay will work on your device. Though for Android Pay to work you will have to turn off Xposed and restart your device as advised below steps. Follow the steps below to install systemless Xposed on your Android device.
- Your device must be running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higher.
- Your phone must be rooted with Chainfire’s Systemless root. Systemless root is the default configuration on Marshmallow. If you don’t know if your device has systemless root or not, then your chances of having systemless are higher. To check if systemless is root or not, see if ‘su.img’ is in ‘/data’.
- Xposed Installer designed flat in style Material Design: Download from the link below.
Warning: Proceed with this guide only if you know what the Xposed Framework is. Any damage to your device or loss of data in the process will be your sole responsibility.
- Material Design Xposed Installer | Link
- Systemless SuperSU Zip | Link
- Systemless Xposed Zip
Steps to install Systemless Xposed
- Make sure you are using stock rom on your phone. If you have already installed Framework Xposed on your device you have to restore your device to stock rom. Although you can use any Marshmallow ROM, to get the OTA update and Android Pay working you must use the stock rom. (You should unrooted and install the latest version of Xposed on your device)
- Download the systemless SuperSU zip file from the link above and install it on your device using a custom recovery.
- Now download the correct version of Xposed for your device in the link above and save it to your device. Then install this zip file on your device using a custom recovery.
- Restart the device.
- Install Material design Xposed Installer from the link above. Open the app, it will recognize that Xposed Framework is active and also indicate the version installed on your device.
- Now you can download and install any modules and use them as you would on other versions of Xposed.
To use Pay Android, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Open the app Material Xposed Installer and press the off button on Xposed Status.
- Restart the device.
- Add your card and other details to the Android Pay app and make your payment.
- Activate the Xposed Framework from the Xposed settings app once you’re done with your payment and reboot your device.
If you don’t have access to your card or you’re not using a provider that accepts Android Pay, you can use the SafetyNET Helper sample app to check if Android Pay will work. working or not, as shown above in the screenshots. Install the app from the links below.
If you want to uninstall systemless Xposed, you should delete Xposed.img in “/data” and then reboot your device. Alternatively, you can use the Uninstall option in the Xposed Installer app. But make sure you choose the correct version of the installation program.