OnePlus 3 It’s a smart phone from home OnePlus of China, it has a pretty good configuration and is suitable for consumers’ budgets. The company has a very good product promotion. However it suffers from 6GB RAM problem on OnePlus 3. With 6GB RAM on OnePlus 3, it suffers from capability condition issue memory management. It is far behind the capacity of 4GB memory on the Galaxy S7 even though the OnePlus 3 has 6GB of Ram.
The situation became worse when users complained that the device could not even temporarily store many applications at the same time and suddenly dropped out of the application.
Carl Pei , the founder of OnePlus posted on twitter: they use a strategy memory management different which puts less burden on the battery. Well, this is a good reason considering the 3000mAh non-removable battery is on such a beast. However, many users are not satisfied and want OnePlus 3 to use all the RAM as advertised. Fortunately, on the XDA forum, there are members sharing how to set up build.prop to maximize performance.
The fix is pretty simple, all you need to do is edit one parameter.”ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit“in file build.prop and then restart your device. For those who are not familiar, please follow the steps below.
Note: The steps below were tested on a OnePlus 3 device and it worked fine without any problems. The effects on battery performance have not been fully tested, so you should proceed at your own discretion. You can go back to default
- You need root OnePlus 3. If you haven’t root your device, follow our instructions here.
- Download and install root on your device. We recommend using Root Explorer app from PlayStore.
- Navigate to the / system directory in your device’s root directory and locate the build.prop file.
- Open the file with a text editor and find the code “ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit=20” in the file.
- Now, change”20” to 36 or 42.
- Save the changes. If you see a popup asking for root access then you give it root permission.
- Restart the device
After the phone restarts, you will notice that memory management is better when using apps on OnePlus 3.