Computer sound is distorted while in use, it will affect your work and entertainment process. Therefore, in today’s article, ThuthuatIT will show you how to fix the computer sound error in Windows 10 simply and effectively. Let’s follow along!
Some causes of computer sound distortion
Computer sound is distorted because it can be caused by many reasons. Here are some common causes:
- The circuit that connects to the computer speakers is broken, causing the sound to crack and not work.
- Using a computer for a long time or regularly opening the speakers to full capacity can cause the speaker diaphragm to tear, resulting in a distorted sound.
- With computers that have been used for a long time, some components will no longer be as effective as when new, the sound system will also degrade, the diaphragm will not be intact, so the sound is easy to crack.
- During use, a strong impact, accidentally dropping the computer from above will cause the computer to be shaken, the joints between the speaker and other parts will be loose and loose. This can also be the cause of the computer sound is crackling.
- Using the computer for a long time without regular cleaning, cleaning and maintenance can lead to the computer speakers getting dusted and accumulated, affecting the sound quality.
- In addition, the sound is cracked in Windows 10 may be due to the process of installing and updating Windows 10, causing the audio driver to be corrupted or conflicting due to the incompatible version.
see more How to speed up Windows 10
How to fix the sound error in Windows 10 effectively
When you encounter a situation where the computer sound is cracked in Windows 10, you can apply some of the following ways to fix it:
Using Windows Audio Troubleshooter
This is one of the first things to do after hearing a buzzing sound on your computer. For those who don’t know, Windows 10 has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can be used to fix various audio related problems. So, in this method, we will be using an audio troubleshooter to fix cracked sound in Windows 10.
Step 1: First, search for “Troubleshooting” in the Windows 10 search bar.
Step 2: On page Troubleshooting, you click Troubleshoot audio playback.
Step 3: Once done, you will see a screen like below. Here you need to click on the button next.
Step 4: Now just wait a few seconds or minutes until Windows detects and fixes the sound problem. If it cannot fix any errors, it will tell you the appropriate cause.
Adjust Power Settings
A lot of Windows 10 users have said that they have fixed the sound problem in Windows 10 by adjusting Power Settings.
Step 1: First of all, right click on the Start menu and then select Control Panel.
Step 2: Now on the Control Panel you need to select the option Power options.
Step 3: Click Change plan settings.
Step 4: On the next page, click Change advanced power settings.
Step 5: In the Advanced settings section, set Minimum Power to 100% and then press Apply.
Change audio format
If the above method does not fix the problem, then you can change the audio format on your Windows 10 computer.
To do this, right-click the speaker icon located on the Windows taskbar and select Playback Devices. Open the device from the interface your PC is using at the moment (With the green tick). Click the tab Advanced of the pop-up and use the default format box there to change the sound quality level. You need to try different formats until you find one that fixes the problem.
Disable audio upgrades
Right click on the speaker icon placed on the Windows taskbar and select Playback Devices. Open the device from the interface your PC is using at the moment (With the green tick). Click the tab Enhancements of the pop-up window. Turn off all sound enhancement features by checking the box with the option Disable all Enhancements.
Disable Exclusive Mode
If you’ve enabled Exclusive mode specifically for the audio driver on your computer for more control over your sound card, disable it. It won’t affect your audio performance but can solve your computer’s problem of muffled sound.
To disable Exclusive mode, right click on the speaker icon located on the Windows taskbar and select Playback Devices. Open the device from the interface your PC is using at the moment (With the green tick). Click the tab Advanced of the pop-up and select Allow Applications to Take Exclusive Control of the Device in Exclusive mode and then click OK.
Update Audio Driver
Updating Drivers is something we all often forget when using our Windows PC. Try to update any hardware related drivers and audio drivers on your Windows and this will solve the problem of computer sound crackling in Windows 10.
DPC latency test
DPC (Deferred Procedure Call) is a part of Windows system that works around to handle the entire Hardware Driver of your Windows PC and monitor it as well as provide general information. If any driver is not working properly, it can cause other drivers to malfunction.
To deal with such issues, test DPC latency on your device, using LatencyMon software. Run it for a while and it will give you all information related to Hardware Driver on your device just remove or disable degraded drivers from options if any due to tool display.
Above are some ways to fix the computer sound error in Windows 10. If after applying, the sound is still crackling, it may be a hardware error, you should go to a computer repair center that has a computer repair service. reputation to be checked and remedied.