You do not need install a third app to edit PDF on iPhone. Here are How to use the available Files app to edit PDF on iPhone phones easily.
How to edit PDF files on iPhone with the Files app
How to draw and highlight on PDF
In the iPhone’s Files app, you can draw lines and highlight text in a PDF in a variety of colors. It also has a ruler that allows you to draw straight lines to size. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Open the app Files and touch PDF you want to edit.
- Tap the marker icon in the corner of the screen. A toolbar containing different types of pens will appear.
- Tap the first marker to draw a line, use the highlighter next to it to color the desired paragraph, and more.
- You can tap the closed circle at the bottom to choose the exact color you want from the selections Grid, Spectrum, Sliders available. If you want to choose the color available on the PDF, touch the circle and select the icon Eyedropper on the top left.
How to add or remove pages on PDF
This feature does not have a prominent icon on the screen, so many people do not know its existence. However, you can add and remove pages, change their order, insert blank pages, scan for additional pages, and rotate PDF pages in Files. Follow these steps step by step:
- After opening the PDF you want to edit in Files, tap anywhere in the upper left corner. A sidebar showing the entire PDF page will appear. Another method to show the sidebar is to swipe to the right of the screen.
- When the sidebar appears, you will see the first page of the selected PDF, showing a 3-dot icon. Touch it.
- You can now choose to rotate, insert or scan the page.
- If you want to change the order of pages in the PDF, touch and hold the page you want to move. Then drag it up and down the sidebar, and then drop it at the desired position.
How to merge multiple PDF files into one
You can add photos and export PDFs to the Files app. Then combine them all into one. Proceed as follows:
- Open the app Files.
- Tap the 3-dot icon in the upper corner of the screen.
- Choose Select.
- Select all the files you want to merge.
- Tap the 3-dot icon at the bottom of the screen and click Create PDF. This action will automatically create a new PDF that you can rename and edit in the app.
How to add text and sign PDF
You can’t use the default iPhone apps to edit, replace, or add text on a PDF to make it look like the original text, but the Files app lets you add small text boxes that can be moved around and placed on top of documents. different parts of the screen. You can even put your signature anywhere you want. Here are step-by-step instructions:
- Use the app Files to open the PDF you want to edit.
- Tap the marker icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the sign icon + on the toolbar that appears below. You will see 3 different options: Text, Signature and Magnifier.
- Click Text to add text, Signature to insert signature, Magnifier to zoom in on sections of the PDF.
Above is How to use the Files app to edit PDF on iPhone. As you can see, it’s not too difficult, right? So, don’t rush to install a third app, take advantage Files Available on iPhone!