You’re using Galaxy S7 and forgot your Google account password? Or buy it back Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and you have to do factory reset to Sign in with Google account your, but unfortunately, you may be seeing the message:
This device is reset. To continue, sign in with the Google account that was previously synced on this device.
This is when you make Factory Reset Protection, a feature according to Samsung to improve security on its Android devices. Do Factory Reset Protection (FRP), a thief or someone else finds the device turned off and cannot use it again after doing so Factory Reset until the owner actually performed the Android account sync before (namely Google account). It is a way to protect the data safety of the device brought by Samsung to its products, but it becomes a nightmare if you accidentally forget the password or use an old device and do not know the owner’s information. previously owned.
To make it usable then follow these steps to bypass FRP on Galaxy S7/S7 edge. This method also applies to other Samsung devices.
Note: the instructions below only help users who can overcome the FRP barrier due to unfortunately forgetting their password or buying someone else’s device. Xiandroid strongly opposes phone theft and misappropriation of other people’s personal information.
Before proceeding make sure that your SIM card is not inserted in the phone. Also, make sure you have enough battery life on your device.
Steps to bypass Factory Reset Protection on Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
- After the factory reset on your device and reboot you will see the Setup Wizard to sign in to the previously synced Google account.
- Choose your language and click Next. This will move on to the WiFi connection section. Connecting to a mobile hotspot is possible. You can connect to your WIFI router, but remember you need easy and quick access to turn it off as we will be asked to turn off access access wifi/Internet with phone.
- After connecting it to a WIFI/hotspot network, select Next. Now you will have to turn off wifi router/hotspot connections as soon as you see the screen Software Update and do”Checking for Updates“.
- When you turn off the hotspot you will see the message “couldn’t Sign In” ((cannot login). Now click Next, you will see options to set date and time. At this point go back to wifi router connection or hotspot connection.
- Now skip all screens until you reach the screen “Google Services“. Scroll down and tap the blue text “Google Terms of Services“. This will open a popup with terms and conditions.
- Select some text in the popup by holding on the screen. After selecting the text, you will see some options like Copy, Share etc. Click the button Share. This will open a list of Setup Wizard.
- Now touch and hold the “Samsung Setup Wizard” icon. This will open the application information for the “Samsung Setup Wizard”. Touch Data Usage -> UPGRADE DATA SERVICE.
- This will open a menu asking you to choose the Google Chrome app to open. Select the Google Chrome browser. When the Chrome browser is open skip the process and then open Rootjunkysdl.com at the address bar.
- Once this site opens, click application and find “com.sika524.android.quickshortcut.apk“. Download this app to your device.
- Now open the page Google.com on Chrome and search Samsung App Store . Click on the first link that appears in the search results, this will open the Samsung app store. Scroll down a bit and click on the icon that says Samsung Galaxy Apps . This will open the Galaxy app app on your phone.
- When you have Galaxy Apps running on your device with the More . option in the upper right corner of the screen and then tap Log in . Then Sign in your user Samsung account or create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Now search for “file explorer” using the search bar and install any one of them. After installation, open the file browser application.
- In File explorer, open the download folder and install the Shortcut maker application you downloaded earlier. You may have to allow installation of applications from unknown sources.
- Once the app is installed and tap open the app. In the app do a search for “Google Account Manager“, you will see different results declared and one that says Enter Email and Password and then press the button Try.
- This will start working for typing the password. Tap the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner of the screen and select Browser Sign-In.
- Sign in using any Google account you want to use and wait a few seconds. Once you’ve signed in, the production app quick shortcut will reappear. Now just keep using the back key until you get to the Google Service screen again.
- Now, click Next on the Google services screen. Keep tapping Next until you see a screen that says additional accounts.
- Ignore all other screens and press the Home button. If the screen does not appear then proceed to reboot again.
That’s it, congrats on successfully passing the feature Factory Reset Protection on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. You should be able to use your phone normally after restarting your device.