LG G5 is one of the newest products of LG belonging to the line WOOD. With a completely new design in a new style with the main material made of metal, it is designed in a modular form that can be easily replaced. Specifications are impeccable with Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4GB Ram, 16MP rear camera and with 5.3 inch Quad-HD display and MicroSD expansion slot.
But when you use it for a while, you feel unsatisfied and want to customize it a little bit to create a personal feel and explore its hidden features. That’s why you need to perform Root. After rooting you can delete any installed apps even default. You can customize the device according to your needs and experience using the device. But in order to root the device, you need to follow a certain process to be successful. First you need to Unlock Bootloader, this can be done easily on some devices but may not be easy on others.
So far we have no way unlock bootloader LG G5, but recently LG has allowed us unlock bootloader on the LG G5 H850 European version. To do this you need to follow these steps to be able to unlock bootloader LG G5.
Before starting the following procedure make sure you copy all your important data on your device to your computer. You can use the LG Bridge software available on the LG website to backup and restore all your data.
Warning: Unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty. Also, any damage to your device during this process is your sole responsibility.
Requirements before implementation
- LG G5 H850 European version and computer.
- Installed USB Driver for the computer: Download USB Driver.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
Steps to unlock the European LG G5 bootloader
- Enable developer options in settings of LG G5. To do this, go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Info, then tap Number building about 7 times or more. When you touch it, it will say “You are now a developer”.
- Now open”Developer Options” and activate USB Debugging. You will also have to enable the OEM Unlock option in the developer options.
- Now make sure your computer has ADB and Fastboot, if not, you can see the link above to do it. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once your computer has ADB and Fastboot, open a command prompt where you install the ADB and fastboot drivers. Then type the following command to reboot your device on Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- After your device has booted into bootloader mode type the following command at the command prompt:
fastboot oem device-id
This command will return a string. This is the device ID that will be used to generate the master unlocked bootloader for your phone.
$ fastboot oem device-id
- To generate the device IDs, you will have to copy the whole range given in the output to form a continuous string. For the above example Device ID would be:
- Now login to LG developer website, if you don’t have an LG account then please register to create account. Once you are logged into LG then go to this website address: link.
- Scroll down and press the “Start Unlocking the Bootloader“. You will see the legal terms displayed on your screen, click the “I agree” to start.
- Enter the first 15 digits of your phone’s IMEI number. You can see the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone or choose Settings -> About phone -> Status -> IMEI Menu. Alternatively, paste the device ID you created in the steps above
- Now click on the Confirm button. If your IMEI number and device ID are valid, the bootloader key will be sent to your email.
- Download the keychain from your email and paste it in the folder you have downloaded install ADB and Fastboot.
- Now while your device is still in fastboot mode and connected to your computer, enter the following command at the command prompt:
This will unlock your device and wipe all data from your device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- To reboot your device enter the following command:
Congratulations! you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your LG G5.