Samsung One UI 2.0 has quite a few interesting features to use. In addition to the usual Android 10 features like new gesture navigation and a dark theme, it has also added some Samsung-exclusive features. However, each update has a few unforeseen bugs. And unfortunately, Samsung can’t get rid of this either. After their device is updated to One UI 2.0 (Android 10), users will face the issue of getting delayed app notifications. This issue seems to have affected the Gmail app. Therefore, in this guide, we will be listing various fixes for delayed Gmail notifications on your Samsung devices running One UI 2.0. On that note, also check out the steps to disable tip notifications in One UI 2.0.
Fixed Gmail Notifications Delayed
- Access Setting on your Samsung device running One UI 2.0.
- Scroll to section Device care and touch The battery.
- Next, tap Application resource management
- In it, go to the hibernating apps and make sure that Gmail not part of the list.
- If it is, press and hold it and tap Erase.
This will fix delayed Gmail notifications on Samsung One UI 2.0. Moreover, you can also make the app add to the list of people who never sleep. Doing so will ensure that you don’t miss important Gmail notifications. Here is how it can be done. On the other hand, if you have a OnePlus device, check out our separate guide to fix Gmail notifications on OxygenOS.
Stop Gmail app from hibernation
- To do so, go to Applications will not be included part hibernation in Application resource management.
- Then tap More apps, see the app Gmail and press More.
- The app will never be sent to hibernate and you will never miss a notification from said app. Also, these steps are not limited to Gmail, it can apply on all apps where you are getting delayed notifications on Samsung One UI 2.0 device.
However, if you are still facing some issues related to Gmail notifications, here are some additional in-app settings that you should check out.
Fix notifications in Gmail app
- Access the app Gmail on your Samsung device.
- Touch menu hamburgers and choose Setting from the side menu.
- Next, tap on the Manage notifications and make sure all notification buttons are enabled.
So we conclude the guide on how to fix delayed Gmail notifications on devices running Samsung One UI 2.0. If you are having trouble doing the steps mentioned, drop your queries in the comment box below.