Huawei is one of the 2nd largest smart power manufacturers in the world with Huawei-branded devices as well as a wide range of Huawei Honor, Huawei Mate, Mate 10 Pro and others products. Also, Honor series from Huawei saw the launch of Huawei Honor 7X which is Huawei Honor’s flagship smartphone in 2017. Now both smartphones have been introduced. Also, we have learned that the latest smartphones from Huawei have been launched with the latest version of Android released by Google which has been named as Android 8.0 Oreo.
However, other smartphones that have been launched in both brands run on Android 7.1 Nougat or lower and they still have a chance to be updated to Android Oreo. Now, the updates that have been released by Huawei include security patch updates as well as software updates other than software updates. In addition, there is an option for Huawei devices to manually download and install the stock firmware update to the device so that we don’t have to wait for OTAs since OTAs take longer to wait.
You probably already know by now that the process of finding the correct software files for your device and then downloading it to your device to update it can be a very tedious process because there is no proper tool to get the correct firmware file for the device. However, this process will be easier for you since we found a new tool that is extremely effective in finding the correct software files for your device so that you can download it to your device. yours to update.
Now this tool has been developed by Team MT and XDA premium member, gmanrainy shared more details about this tool in his post on the XDA forums. Now, this tool has been named Huawei Software Finder which is available for both Windows and Android. If you want to run this application on a Windows PC, you need a PC running Windows Vista SP1 or later. Your computer needs .Net Framework 4.5.2 and an internet connection.
Features of Huawei Software Finder for Windows
- Search firmware for different ranges
- Search for firmware in the common database
- Proxy server to send firmware to smartphone
- Built-in firmware loader
Features of Huawei Firmware Finder for Android
- Search for firmware in the common database.
- Download, when using multi-thread download with 128 threads, the speed reached 5 megabits per second.
- Extract the UPDATE.APP from the downloaded firmware.
- Local proxy server to send firmware to smartphone
Huawei Firmware Finder
Steps to download Firmware for Huawei devices with Huawei software search engine
- First of all, download the file mentioned in the download above as a zip file and extract it to any folder on your PC
- Then you will find the FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe file inside the folder, double clicking on it will run the main program
- Now you will see the main screen of Firmware Finder app like the image attached below
- Now you will have to select your appropriate Huawei device by clicking the select button model give knot search. To find the model number of your device, you must go to Settings -> About phone -> Model number and copy your model number for later use
- Then select the appropriate model number from the list from the list of Huawei devices as seen below
- Once you have selected the appropriate model number, you must search for the firmware for your device by going to the second tab inside the application and clicking the button Start at the top to start the firmware search process
- However, the application also provides an option to search from all available software files in its database which can be found from the common base section. in application.
- When you access the fourth tab inside the app called Common base, you will see a long list of software files available for different devices and links to download the files are also present on the side. We have attached a similar screenshot below which you will also see when you visit this section of the Firmware Finder app
- Now we have also used this app to search for exact Huawei software fixes for Huawei devices. We searched for the model number ale-l21c432b618 is the model number for Huawei P8 Lite and it shows all the software files available for the device as seen from the image attached below
This app is very handy if you have a Huawei device and you want to download the latest software files for your device as soon as possible.
The source: xda