Facebook Messenger provides a quite useful platform to communicate with your loved ones and friends. Not only chat, but it also has some other features. It allows you to create Teams, browse Stories and even comes with some games to pass your time. But one thing it oddly lacks is applying custom sounds and ringtones as the app’s notification sounds. You cannot set your favorite custom notification sounds for chats and calls in the Facebook Messenger app. But there is a useful trick to simply bypass this restriction. Let’s see how to do this.
Set custom notification sounds in Facebook Messenger
Inside the Messenger app, see Notifications & Sounds. It can be accessed by clicking on your profile. You will find many sounds Notify and Ring. But those are the sounds provided by your device manufacturer. Messenger app just enter it here. You can get two or three Messenger-exclusive sounds, but that’s all. There is no option to add or set any custom notification sounds in your Messenger app. But if you want to do so, here are the steps to follow.
Steps to follow
- On your Android device, go to Setting .
- Click Apps and notifications > View all xx . apps.
- Scroll until you find the app Messenger.
- Click Notify. Select the desired option where you want to set a custom notification sound inside the Messenger app. Available options include Chats and calls, Mention Group Chat, Story and notice is different .
- Be sure to click on the name of the option. Tapping the checkbox will not allow notification settings, it will only enable/disable speaking.
- Suppose you need to change Chat and Notification call. Tap on it and below the page Notify, Press Advanced. From this section, you will be able to set up custom notification sounds for the Messenger app.
- By default, section Sound consists of The application provides sound. To change, tap the Sound and select the desired application (file manager or ringtone application) from the menu.
- Or you can also choose the Set option remember the means default , scroll to the bottom and tap More ringtones. Navigate to the desired sound and set it as your custom notification sound for the Messenger app.
So here are the steps to set your favorite ringtone for chats and calls in Messenger app. In the same section, there also exist other useful notification management options. Let’s take a look at them as well.
Other Messenger Notification Features
In the Notification Category section, you also have options to customize the notifications of the Messenger App. Here are some important features worth discussing:
Behavior (Behavior): It includes four different options. By default, these notifications will make a sound and display a pop-up notification on your device. You can also set these custom notifications to only make a sound without showing pop-ups, or to show only silent notifications inside the Messenger app. Likewise, you can make the app show notifications silently and then minimize itself.
On lock screen (On lock screen): Whether you want to see your Facebook Messenger notifications or not, your lock screen.
Override ‘Do not disturb’: As the name suggests, you’ll still receive Messenger notifications even if Do Not Disturb mode is on.
So here are the steps to set up a custom notification sound for the Messenger app. Let us know if you face any difficulty in performing the above steps.