Samsung Introduce us to the device Samsung Galaxy Edge last year with a curved screen on the side. Because of the advantage of the curved side, it is much more convenient to use than the traditional plane. Although it was just released in the first days, it was not enough to meet the needs of users and recently Samsung continued to release the next version, Galaxy S7 Edge and Android Marshmallow update for devices. by Samsung with many new useful features. Some typical features are: Favorite Apps, Contacts, And many other features. The update also adds support for third-party apps to the side panel. Here is an Edge panel that lets you control your music with ease. So when you play music you just need to swipe on the edge screen to skip songs or pause.
Software developer hymxdev on the XDA forum has released a music display panel that can be displayed on Edge screens and it is open source. So you can see the application source code here. To follow the development of this application, you read in this topic.
Since this app is written for Edge Panel Therefore it only works for Samsung Galaxy devices that support Edge. This app works well on Galaxy S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Galxy S7 Edge. It also works on Galaxy Note 5 if you enable the Edge screen feature on Note 5. Please continue reading the instructions below to activate ohatj
As an Edge Panel tweak this app will only work on Samsung Galaxy devices that support Edge. This app will work well on Galaxy S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, S7 Edge devices. This will also work on the Galaxy Note 5 if you have the Edge screen feature enabled on it. If your Note 5 has not enabled the Edge screen, then see the instructions at the following link:
- Supports most music player applications.
- Tap Album Art to open music apps
- Music controls like Play/Pause, next track, previous track, etc.
Steps to take
- Download and install the app from the link above.
- Open Edge Panel and then open the configuration page for newly installed panels (click the pen).
- Right now click on the “Change Notification Permission“
- Allow “Edge Player” to get access to your notifications so you can control your music using this edge panel.
- Now press the key back to edge panel settings. “Choose”Notification Access“.
- Enable this panel and close the Edge panel settings.
- Start listening to your favorite music and play music. Swipe across the edge screen to reveal the Edge Player panel and control your music.
Note: if you update Edge Player to a higher version then you need to disable and re-enable the control panel. It is necessary that you restart the device.
That’s it, you can now use the music player app right on the edge of your device and use swipe actions to play music.