In today’s life, a Google account is a required entity if you operate in the digital world. It helps keep your data safe and secure. Almost all apps and services require a link Google account yours with it. Also, it makes our digital experience better by using our data including personal information, marketing ads, etc… So now it’s pretty clear it’s become How important should be in our daily lives as long as you are a person away from the digital world. But have you ever thought what happens to all this data when you stop using your account or after you die?
Well, even after you stop using your Google account, all your data is still stored on Google servers. Therefore, it may also be misused by some other parties if they access your account. To prevent such cases, Google has also introduced a tool called “Account Manager not working“. It lets you decide what to do with your Google account when you stop using it. So today we are going to see how to set up Inactive Account Manager to automatically delete your Google account.
Why you should automatically delete your Google account
Well, if you use any social media service or register on other platforms related to some other thing. You may be known for the fact that while signing up, they mostly ask for your Google Account. Hence, when you link all these accounts with your Google account, you start receiving messages on Gmail that include all your personal information like passwords, usernames, etc. more confidential information on your Google account. So if you stop using your account or let’s say if you’re dead but all your data is still on Google’s servers. However, Google keeps all your data safe. But what if someone manages to get all your data?
These simple things can also lead to big problems. It can hurt both you and your family. So it is a wise move to delete all your data permanently after you stop using the account. And since Google never fails to please its users, it also gives you the tools you need. Check out the steps below to see how you can actually close your Google Account.
How to automatically delete your Google account
Google Setup auto delete is a simple procedure. As a data marketer in the marketing industry, it’s good to see that Google gives you many options to secure or remove your Google Account from its servers. Here’s a quick guide on how you can set up Auto-Delete in your Google account.
1. First, sign in to your Google Account, from the menu on the left, go to “Data & Personalization“.
2. Next, scroll down a bit and select the option “Plan Your Account“.
3. After selecting the option “Plan your account“, it will redirect you to the landing page of Account Manager tool not working. Now click on the “Start” button to move on to the next step.
4. Next Google asks you to “set timeout” then your account will automatically become inactive. The waiting period options available to you are three months, six months, 12 months, and 18 months.
5. You can choose one of them depending on your requirements. For example, if you want the three-month period option, your account will be considered inactive for three months after you stop using it. Google requires verification of your phone number and email address before moving on to the next option.
6. In the next step, you will have the opportunity to notify up to ten people when your Google account is inactive. Then click “More people” and enter the email addresses of your most trusted and loved ones. These people will be able to access your Google data; they can download all your data within three months.
7. However, this step is optional, but if you want to let people know when your account is inactive, there is also an Autoreply system. You just need to click the Autoreply button to configure it.
8. Finally, click on the “Yes, delete my inactive Google Account” option to automatically delete your account at the interval you selected after it is inactive.
Finally, click the Confirm Plan button to save all your preferences. This will set up an automatic account deletion process in case your Google account is still active.
Finally, we have covered all the necessary information regarding the cause, effect and steps on deleting your Google account. We hope that this article has cleared all your doubts. We also recommend using an inactive account management tool from Google to stay safe and secure. If you found this article helpful or otherwise we missed anything, please let us know.